Are you wondering how much Wanda Sykes net worth is as a comedian, actress, and writer?
Thus, with an estimated annual salary of over USD400 thousand, her net worth can reach more than USD5 million.
|Stage Name||Wanda Sykes|
|Legal Name||Wanda Yvette Sykes|
|Date of Birth||7 March 1964|
|Height||5ft 1 in (157 cm)|
|Wanda Sykes Net Worth||USD10 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||Over USD400 thousand|
|Profession||Writer, Actress, and Stand-up Comedian|
Table of Contents
Wanda Sykes Personal Information
Wanda Sykes is a well-known comedian and actress. She also ventures into a writing career.
Furthermore, she has over 70 film credits to her name. Besides, this woman becomes one of the highest-paying actresses.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Wanda Yvette Sykes is her legal name, but the public knows her simply as Wanda Sykes.
- Date of Birth: Wanda Sykes celebrates her birthday on 7th of March. Thus, this comedian is currently over 50 years old as she was born in 1964.
- Gender & Height: This female actress is 5ft 1 in (157 cm) and weighs around 121 lbs (55 kg).
- Nationality: Wanda Sykes was born in Portsmouth, Virginia, United States. Hence, she becomes an American.
- What is Wanda Sykes Best Known for?
- Although she is an actress and comedian, Wanda Sykes net worth not only comes from her acting career. Further, this woman is famous for being a writer on The Chris Rock Show.
- As a writer of the show, she was not only recognized by the general public, but also won a Primetime Emmy Award in 1999.
- Meanwhile, in 2004, Wanda Sykes became one of the 25 funniest persons in the United States. Then, it came from Entertainment Weekly.
- Therefore, she was getting more popular.
Previous Years of Wanda Sykes
Wanda Sykes was born to Harry and Marion. Then, due to being a US Army colonel, her father worked for the Pentagon.
Meanwhile, her mother’s job was as a banker.
Moreover, while Wanda was still in the third grade, her family decided to move to Maryland.
After her college life, Wanda Sykes initially worked at the National Security agent. She became a contracting specialist.
This was also the beginning of her venture into the entertainment industry.
- She attended Virginia Hampton University after graduating from Arundel High School.
- Then, Wanda Sykes has graduated with a bachelor’s degree of science majoring in marketing.
- Personal life:
- While Wanda Sykes net worth seems to be smoothly growing from time to time, her personal life indeed has been up and down.
- Further, in 1991, Wanda married Dave Hall. However, seven years later, this couple separated. After that, she opened up about her lesbian sexuality in 2008 during an LA same-sex marriage rally.
- Before the rally, Wanda has already married Alex Niedbalski who is a French businesswoman. A year later, they had fraternal twins named Olivia and Lucas.
- However, her parents did not know Wanda’s homosexuality until she was 40 and turned down her wedding invitation.
Wanda Sykes’s Career
Wanda Sykes net worth can grow, so thanks to her appearances in a lot of TV series and comedy shows.
Likewise, Wanda Sykes started her first performance as a professional stand-up comedian when she joined the 1987’s Coors Light Super Talent Showcase.
Thereupon, as she gained more popularity as a stand-up comedian, Wanda decided to leave the NSA and moved to New York City.
Moreover, she got her appearance on the TV show in 1992. Then, the program was “An Evening at the Improv.”
Wanda Sykes acting career
Through the film “Tomorrow Night” in 1998 Wanda made her acting debut. Subsequently, she also starred in other movies.
For instance, “Pootie Tang” in 2001 and “Down to Earth” in the same year were some of her movies. Meanwhile, in 2000, she also appeared in the movie “Nutty Professor II: The Klumps”.
Besides, the other Wanda’s film credits include “License to Wed”, “The New Adventures of Old Christine”, “Clerks II”, and “Monster-in-law.”
Stand up comedy
As a stand-up comedian, Wanda Sykes net worth is mostly from her appearances in comedy shows.
Then, at Caroline’s Comedy Club, she served as Chris Rock’s opening while also providing her writing work on the show.
Wanda Sykes also got the chance to start her own show on Fox through “Wanda at Large” in 2003. In the same year, she appeared in “Wanda Sykes: Tongue Untied” as well.
In addition, for her work in the Comedy Central Special, Wanda’s name was included in the list of “100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time” in 2004.
Wanda Sykes book
Aside from her work as an entertainer, Wanda Sykes net worth also raises due to her writing job. Besides, she was the writer for “The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show” and “Roseanne”.
Meanwhile, her books include “Yeah, I Said It” and “I Was a Hypocrite, Now I Am Delivered and Set Free”.
Further, those books were published in 2004 and 2008 respectively.
Wanda Sykes awards
Wanda has a long list of awards and nominations with notable ones. Moreover, she became the “Funniest Female Stand-Up Comic in 2010 at the American Comedy Awards.
Then, the other one was the “Outstanding Special or Variety Show” in 2014 at the Gracie Allen Award for “Wanda Sykes Presents Herlarious.”
Wanda Sykes Net worth
Thanks to her long list of film and TV show credits, Wanda Sykes net worth keeps growing from year to year, making her one of the most successful comedians in the world.
- Businesses: Similar to her wife, Wanda also ventures to become an entrepreneur as she is recently doing business with Netflix.
- Real estate: Indeed, Wanda Sykes net worth includes a cozy home in Pennsylvania in the list of her tangible assets.
- Cars: Nonetheless, different from her house ownership, the general public does not know what kind of cars Wanda has as the information is undisclosed.
- Considering Wanda Sykes net worth of USD10 million, she must make a lot every year.
- However, there is no exact amount reported when it comes to Wanda’s annual income aside from ‘over USD400 thousand’.
- How does Wanda Sykes make money?
- Still, she gets a lot of money from his salary as an actress, writer, and comedian.
- In addition to her roles in TV shows and some films, Wanda Sykes also earns her net worth through voice acting in several animated films.
Is Wanda Sykes Still On?
Wanda Sykes is still active in the entertainment industry with her recent appearance in the Quibi series.
For example, the series are in 2020 entitled “Mapleworth Murders” and the 2021’s film “Breaking News in Yuba Country”.
Since she is not yet retired, her fans can still expect Wanda to appear in any TV show or film in the upcoming years.
Indeed, the main source of Wanda Sykes net worth is her appearance in the new family comedy “The Upshaws”.
Currently, this family comedy is aired on Netflix.