Tech N9ne net worth as a popular American rapper is interesting to discuss. Then, he owns more than USD 18 million of wealth that makes him one of the richest celebrities out there.
|Stage Name||Tech N9ne|
|Legal Name||Aaron Dontez Yates|
|Date of Birth||8 November 1971|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Tech N9ne Net Worth||USD 18 million|
|Income per year||USD 1.8 million|
|Profession||Rapper, Musician, Music Artist|
Table of Contents
Who is Tech N9ne?
He is a rapper who also has sold over 2 million albums and Tech N9ne’s music is something you can enjoy in movies, television, and even video games.
- His parents named him Aaron Dontez Yates, but he is well-known as Tech N9ne or Tecca Nina. It was Black Walt who gave him this stage name because Aaron’s fast rapping style reminds him of a TEC-9 semi-auto handgun.
- Aaron celebrates his birthday every 8th of November and he is currently in his fifties since he was born in 1971.
- Tech N9ne is a male rapper who is 5 ft 8 in (173 cm) tall, whereas he weighs around 159 lbs (72 kg).
- Born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, Tech N9ne holds American citizenship.
- Indeed, the public recognizes Aaron as a rapper who has rapid-fire ‘chopper’ style rap. During his music career, Tech N9ne net worth has been increasing thanks to his consistency in releasing good songs and albums.
Early life of Tech N9ne
Aaron spent his childhood life in Kansas City and started rapping before he could even spell or read. As he grew up, he also witnessed his mother suffering from lupus and epilepsy.
Meanwhile, his father, Carlton Cook, was alienated from the family. Hence, this situation influences Tech N9ne emotionally, inspiring him to “look for God” in his own way.
Although he often spent his time with his friends, exploring empty buildings and trying to find a ghost, Yates could finish his study at Southwest High School in Kansas City.
Thus, this does not stop Tech N9ne net worth to keep increasing in the later years as well.
Personal life of Tech N9ne
In 1995, Yates married Lecoya LeJeune and decided to separate 10 years afterward. Then, in 2015, he filed for a divorce and officially separated from her in November 2017.
Indeed, Yates is a big and loyal fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.
He even released a song entitled Red Kingdom that acted as a tribute to the team and its players during the 2019 AFC Championship game.
Furthermore, he mentioned several players in the sone including Justin Houston, Patrick Mahomes, Eric Berry, Travis Kelce, and Harrison Butkur.
Tech N9ne’s Career
Tech N9ne net worth was not yet remarkable when he joined several groups early in his career, such as 575h Street Rogue Dog Villains, Black Mafia, and Nnutthowze.
In 1997, Yates was also part of a group formed by rapper Yukmouth called The Regime. In the following year, he was featured by other artists like RZA, Eminem, and Xzibit.
The debut studio album of Tech N9ne is “The Calm Before the Storm” that was published in 1999. Then, two years later, he released another album titled “The Worst”.
His 2002 album entitled “Absolute Power” marked his success in the music industry since it could reach #3 on the US Indie Chart.
After that, Tech N9ne net worth rose in accordance with his increase in popularity.
His next albums such as Misery Loves Kompany and Everready (The Religion) also reached the top three on the same chart.
For instance, Yates’ albums that reached #1 on the US Indie Chart include K.O.D (2019), All 6’s and 7’s (2011), Special Effects (2015), The Gates Mixed People (2010), and Killer (2008).
Furthermore, in 1999, Tech N9ne co-founded the record label Strange Music and went on tour with his fellow members in 2016 for the Independent Powerhouse Tour.
Aside from career in music, Tech N9ne net worth also increased due to his work as an actor. For example, he starred in several movies, such as Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D and Big Money Rustlas.
Not only his face, but Aaron’s music also appears in several movies like Born 2 Race, Alpha Dog, Gang Related, and Our Heroes.
Indeed, Yates earned his first platinum record for “Caribou Lou” in 2017. Then, he ever won at the mtvU Woodie Awards in 2019 for the Left Field Woodie.
Tech N9ne Net worth
Moreover, with all those achievements, Tech N9ne net worth can reach up to USD 18 million. This wealth comes from various sources since Yates is not only a singer, but also an actor and artist.
- Businesses. Meanwhile, he runs a music business with Travis O’Guin through the record label Strange Music. Tech N9ne has sold more than 2 million albums and featured in several popular video games. For instance, those are The Crew, Madden NFL 2006, and 25 to Life.
- Real estate. Tech N9ne is a resident of Los Angeles, but information regarding the worth of his house is unavailable.
- Additionally, from his work as a musician, Yates earned an annual salary of USD 1.8 million. Therefore, no wonder he became the top independent hip-hop artist in the world.
- There is no sufficient information regarding his exact earning per show, but Tech N9ne may get around USD 35,000 for each appearance.
- Indeed, he makes money by creating and releasing music. Besides, Tech N9ne net worth also comes from endorsements from a beer company named Boulevard Brewing Company.
In 2018, Yates declared that he will retire from rap 4 years later or when he turned 50. Since years have passed, it is about the time that Tech N9ne announces his official retirement.
Despite the retirement plan, some fans believed that Yates will only retire from making the album. However, he may still do some features in the future.
Thus, it is still possible for Tech N9ne net worth to increase through the music industry.