As one of the top fighters, Derrick Lewis net worth becomes attention for some people. Besides, he has an interesting story of life that made him to be as big as now too.
Furthermore, his success did not come with nothing. He always lost during his debut time, but Derrick overcome the situation and turned into a winner.
|Stage Name||Derrick Lewis|
|Legal Name||Derrick James Lewis|
|Date of Birth||7 February 1985|
|Height||6 feet and 3 inches (191 cm)|
|Net Worth||USD 4,000,000|
|Salary / earning / income per year||USD 140,000|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist|
Table of Contents
- Who is Derrick Lewis?
- Early life of Derrick Lewis
- Derrick Lewis’s Career
- Derrick Lewis Net worth
- Is Derrick Lewis Retired?
- What Is Derrick Lewis Doing Now?
Who is Derrick Lewis?
Before getting to know Derrick Lewis net worth, you have to know about Lewis’s biography. He did not have too many achievements at first.
Subsequently, he lived a hard life but turned into a rich and successful fighter.
- He was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, as Derrick James Lewis and is well-known as Derrick Lewis today.
- His birthday was on February 7, 1985, and he is currently over 30 years old.
- Derrick Lewis is a male heavyweight fighter who is 6 feet and 3 inches (191 cm). Meanwhile, his weight is 264 lbs (120 kg).
- Derrick Lewis is an American.
- Derrick Lewis is famous as a fighter in UFC Vegas who acquires a tremendous fighting style. Although his start was not that good, he became the one later on. Also, Derrick Lewis net worth is known as one of the highest ones among MMA fighters.
Early life of Derrick Lewis
Before being a superstar, Derrick Lewis was just an ordinary kid. However, he grew up in trouble since he was frequently involved in street fighting.
In that situation, he started boxing training when he was 17 years old.
Unfortunately, the gym was closed when he was preparing for his first amateur fight. Then, Derrick Lewis continued his study, but he got arrested right after high school.
He got probation for his allegedly aggravated assault. However, he violated the probation that made him sentenced to five years.
Derrick attended US State University after graduating from high school. Then, he graduated with a Bachelor Degree.
Lewis married April Davis on 17 June 2017 in Honolulu. Moreover, they have one daughter and two sons.
Derrick Lewis’s Career
Derrick Lewis debuted on October 16, 2009 on a fight against Jay Ross. Then, on 30 January 2010, while fighting against Tim Buchanan, he became the winner.
In addition, in his following game, he had a 4-1 record that made him sign with the Bellator Fighting Championship in May 2010.
Thus, through his notable game, Derrick Lewis net worth is increasing.
Mixed martial arts career
After being released from jail, Derrick Lewis tried mixed martial arts. Likewise, he took the training after working with a tow truck.
Right after Derrick Lewis became a professional fighter, he stopped working with a tow-truck. Then, he focused fully on his MMA career.
At that time, Derrick Lewis net worth was more valuable than before and became his start as a big star.
Derrick Lewis UFC career
Derrick Lewis also has a notable win with a record 6-0 at Bellator. Therefore, he got a contract with the UFC due to his successful championship.
Then, Lewis debuted as UFC heavyweight fighter on 19 April 2014. At that time, he fought against Jack May and won via a TKO.
Furthermore, with this successful fighting, Derrick Lewis net worth is increasing due to his win in every game.
Derrick Lewis fighting style
Indeed, as a UFC fighter, Lewis has own fighting style. In the recent past, he also has shown his ultimate fighting style which improved better in the ground game.
Derrick Lewis is famous for his style of dominating his opponents. Besides, he successfully carries his hand’s power.
Thereupon, he got 21 of 26 wins with T/KO.
Derrick Lewis Net worth
Derrick Lewis net worth is approximately more than USD 1.5 million. It also has been reported that his earning as of February 2022 is over USD 5 million.
- Businesses. It has not yet revealed what Lewis works besides as a fighter. However, he once said that he likes to try the business world. Further, Derrick Lewis wanted to do a clothing line store by selling vintage stuff and clothing.
- Real estate. Derrick Lewis net worth does not include his investment in property. Hence, there is nothing much information regarding his house or properties.
- Indeed, as one of the richest MMA heavyweight fighters, Derrick’s salary is reportedly estimated at over USD 140,000 per fight. Therefore, no wonder that Derrick Lewis net worth can be up to USD million.
How much does Derrick Lewis make per fight?
Derrick Lewis net worth from each fight varies. When he fought against Aleksei Oleinik, he earned around USD 315,000.
Moreover, he got his biggest purse from his fight at UFC 265 against Ciryl Gane. Therefore, at that game, he earned USD 732,000.
How does Derrick Lewis make money?
Aside from fighting, the source of Derrick Lewis net worth and income also comes from endorsements. For instance, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is one of them.
Moreover, he is active on Instagram for his fans as well as his endorsement. Furthermore, he got more than 1.8 million followers.
Is Derrick Lewis Retired?
Indeed, Lewis’ career earnings are highest among the other fighters. Moreover, he is still young and active in fighting. That is why he has not yet retired.
What Is Derrick Lewis Doing Now?
Derrick Lewis is still active as a UFC heavyweight fighter. He is also often referred to The Black Beast since he saved around 100 people during hurricane Harvey which happened in 2017.
Additionally, he even used his raised truck for helping the people. In conclusion, the huge amount of Derrick Lewis net worth proves that he is a true zero to hero.