As the author of the world’s most popular horror book series, it is no surprise that RL Stine has a staggering amount of wealth. RL Stine net worth is equivalent to the contribution that he dedicates to children’s literature for years.
Are you one of the fans of the author of the infamous Goosebumps and Fear Street series? Check out this article to find out about RL Stine net worth and his life-long career as a fiction writer.
|Stage Name||R.L. Stine. Jovial Bob Stine, Eric Affabee|
|Legal Name||Robert Lawrence Stine|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1943|
|Height||5′ 11″ (1.8 m)|
|Net worth||$200 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$32 million – $95 million|
|Profession||Book author, screenwriter, executive editor, television producer,|
RL Stine Net Worth Individual Biography
Before we get to the discussion about RL Stine net worth, let’s first delve into some information about his basic profile.
- Legal Name & stage name:
- Born as Robert Lawrence Stine, the author had several pen-names throughout his career.
- Although he is mostly known as RL Stine, he used the names Jovial Bob Stine and Eric Affabee in his earlier books.
- Date of Birth: RL Stine’s date of birth is on October 8. He was born in 1943, in Colombus, Ohio.
- Gender & Height: RL Stine is a 5′ 11″ (1.8 m) male.
- Nationality: Born and growing up in Ohio, RL Stine is a U.S. Citizen.
- What is RL Stine Net Worth Best Known for?
- RL Stine net worth is mostly generated from his work as a children’s book writer. His genre is mostly horror and thriller, although at the beginning of his career he also wrote humor books.
- He is also known for some television series that are adapted from his literary works.
Formative Years of RL Stine
RL Stine grew up along his two siblings in Bexley, Ohio. His parents, Lewis Stine and Anne Feinstein, were Jewish. He started writing at the age of 9, and afterward he spent most of his time in his room writing little jokes and stories. Since he admitted that he was not a straight-A student who likes to study, he used his writing to get his friends’ attention in school.
Although he was a shy and fearful kid, his love of writing made him enroll himself in the journalistic club at his school.
- RL Stine went to Bexley High School in the town where he grew up.
- After graduating, he went to attain his Bachelor of Arts degree in English at Ohio State University.
- He also polished his talent in humor writing by joining Ohio State University humor magazine, The Sundial, as an editor.
- Personal life:
- Behind RL Stine net worth and popularity as an author, he has a solid support system in his family.
- His wife, Jane Waldhorn, is an editor and writer who also edited most of his book.
- From their marriage, which started in 1969, they are blessed with one child, Matthew Stein, and one grandchild, Dylan Stine.
RL Stine’s Career
RL Stine began his career by writing dozens of kid’s humor books as Jovial Bob Stine. He also founded the humor magazine for teenagers, Bananas, which was then published by Scholastic Press from 1975 to 1984 for 72 issues. He became the editor and writer for most of the magazine’s content.
As probably the biggest contributor to RL Stine net worth, his first horror novel was debuted in 1986, which was titled Blind Date. After his first venture in the genre, he remained writing horror stories, by publishing other novels and eventually, the Fear Street series in 1989. Finally, under his own publishing company, the Goosebumps series took off in 1992.
- Famous RL Stine works
Some of his works that have played a great part in RL Stine net worth are also has been adapted to the television screens. The Goosebumps tv series that he helped produce ran for four seasons in the spans of 1995 to 1998. It has also adapted to three video games.
Besides the Goosebumps series, he also worked on 4 other book series, Mostly Ghostly, Rotten School, Fear Street, and The Nightmare Room. He also wrote a number of stand-alone novels, both for children and adults. In total, he has written not less than 300 books throughout his life.
In 2021, Netflix has released a film trilogy based on his Fear Street series.
- Awards & nominations
With such extensive works in literature, RL Stine net worth is also commensurate to the awards and titles that he received. He was named in the top 40 list of Forbe’s best-paid Entertainers in 1996-1997. It is no surprise since his books have sold all over the world for over 400 million copies. His books had become best-seller both in the U.S. and also worldwide.
RL Stine Net worth
Compared to a popular tv writer, RL Stine net worth might seem less than. However, he had made quite a fortune from his life-long career as a writer. As of 2022, RL Stine has accumulated around $200 million net worth.
Are there any other sources of income besides RL Stine’s books and intellectual properties?
RL Stine net worth is also known to come from the publishing business that he co-founded in 1983 together with his wife, Parachute Press.
Currently, he lived together with his wife in an Upper West Side apartment where he writes regularly every day.
- Salary Detail: It is estimated that RL Stine made $32 million – $95 million income per year.
- How does RL Stine make money? To sum up, RL Stine net worth is accumulated from his contract as a writer of novels, scripts, and other creative endeavors involving his intellectual properties.
Does RL Stine Leave The Industry?
RL Stine has not retired yet as an author. He even plans to release a new book in August 2022.
- What is RL Stine Doing now?
Besides writing, RL Stine spends most of his time with his family. He is also an active user of social media, especially Twitter, where he often posts his latest activity and updates.