As a triple threat performer, Jane Lynch net worth is also one of the proofs that the artist has earned quite a success from her career in the industry.
The actress behind the iconic role in Glee, Sue Silvester, has been immersing herself in the show business for around three and a half decades.
Do you know how much is Jane Lynch net worth up until today? Read on and find out more about the story of her career and achievements.
|Stage Name||Jane Lynch|
|Legal Name||Jane Marie Lynch|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1960|
|Height||6′ (1.83 m)|
|Net worth||$20 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$2.67 million|
|Profession||Actress, comedian, author|
Personal Profile of Jane Lynch
Before we get to the details of Jane Lynch net worth, let’s first take a quick look at her basic information.
- Legal Name & stage name: Jane Marie Lynch is known better known as Jane Lynch during her career.
- Date of Birth: Her birthday is on July 14, 1960. She is now 61 years old.
- Gender & Height: Jane Lynch is a 6′ (1.83 m) female.
- Nationality: She is a U.S. citizen.
- What is Jane Lynch Best Known for?
- Jane Lynch net worth is generated from many sources. One of the biggest contributors, to her wealth and also to her popularity, is her role in the popular Fox musical comedy tv series, Glee. She played Sue Sylvester, a mean and harsh cheerleading coach, who later became the principal of the school.
- There are a lot more projects that made Jane Lynch earn exposure in showbiz, especially what she does in television. Currently, she is known better for her role as a television game show host.
Tender Age of Jane Lynch
Before Jane Lynch net worth and fame is as it is now, she worked hard from the bottom to pursue her dream. She was born and raised in Illinois to Frank Joseph Lynch and Eileen Carney Lynch. Her Irish descent father was a banker, while her Irish-Swedish descent mother was a part-time homemaker part-time secretary.
- Jane Lynch was raised Catholic by her family. She later attended Thornridge high school in her teenage years.
- Jane Lynch studied theatre at university. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Illinois State University and her MFA from Cornell University.
- Personal life:
- Jane Lynch married Dr. Lamra Embry, a clinical psychologist, in 2010.
- The couple divorced in January 2014, a year after they announced their separation.
Jane Lynch’s Career
Jane Lynch net worth derived not only from her film and television works but also from some plays and cabaret tours. Most of her works are in the comedy genre, which had begun since her earlier career in Chicago with Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s comedy troupe, The Second City. Afterward, she landed more and more works that demanded her comical and improvisational abilities.
Jane Lynch Movies & TV Shows
Jane Lynch first appeared in a 1988 movie titled Vice Versa. Her small role in this movie led her to several other opportunities, including The Fugitive and Fatal Instinct. She started to be a household name after being cast by Christoper Guest in some of his movies, including Best in Show (2000), A Mighty Wind (2003), For Your Consideration (2006).
The significant role that gained her more public attention is in The 40-Year-Old-Virgin (2005). In this Judd Apatow film, she played alongside the office actor, Steve Carrell. From that point onward, she landed supporting roles in many kids and teenager comedy films, including Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), Space Chimps (2008), Another Cinderella Story (2008), and Wreck-It Ralph (2012).
Her most notable performance in a movie that had a big contribution to Jane Lynch net worth was probably her portrayal of Julia Child’s sister, Dorothy McWilliams, in Julie and Julia (2009).
While in television, her career started in the 1990s by appearing in a lot of commercials, including an adult audience intended commercial for Frosted Flakes. She then played small to medium roles in popular tv series such as The X-Files, Criminal Minds, Judging Amy, Desperate Housewives, Friends, Dawson’s Creek, Arrested Development, Veronica Mars, L World, and Gilmore Girls.
She began appearing as the regular cast of the popular Fox series, Glee, in 2009. Known for her tracksuit-wearing character, she gained so much praise for her portrayal as the aggressive coach, Sue Sylvester. She appeared from the beginning when the show was airing until Glee’s last season in 2015.
Awards & Nominations
With her many appearances in several notable films and shows, she has won and earned multiple awards nominations, especially during the 2000s. From her portrayal as Sue Sylvester itself, she received at least six prestigious awards in the television industry, including from Golden Globe, SAG, Primetime Emmy, and People’s Choice.
Jane Lynch Net worth
Compared to her fellow Glee cast, Jane Lynch net worth might not be as fantastic as it seems. However, she now earned a total of $20 million net worth from her work and other ventures.
Although she was involved as a spokesperson in a campaign and advocating for girls’ leadership in business and organizations, it is unknown whether she herself has ventured to any business endeavors.
- Real estate
Jane Lynch net worth also comes from her property investment. One of them is the lavish and luxurious house where now she resided in Los Angeles. The 2,378-square-foot house is designed by Marmol Randziner and decorated by Peter Gurski, the set designer of Will and Grace.
Jane Lynch net worth also is generated from her car ownership, including her Mercedez Benz. She also was an ambassador of the car company back in 2018.
With the total amount of Jane Lynch net worth, it is estimated that she received around $2.67 million annual income.
- How does Jane Lynch make money?
In summary, Jane Lynch net worth is accumulated from her contract to appear in movies, television shows, and several stage performances.
Is Jane Lynch In The Job?
Jane Lynch is still constantly appearing in television shows and plays. Lately, she has mostly taken roles as game show host and presenter, including in Hollywood Game Night and The Weakest Link.
- What is Jane Lynch Doing now?
Currently, Jane Lynch and Kate Flannery are teaming up and scheduled to perform in a cabaret show in Beverly Hills.