Dionne Warwick is a legendary American singer who is popularly known for several hits since the 60s. Dionne Warwick net worth is evaluated to be $500 thousand.
|Stage Name||Dionne Warwick|
|Legal Name||Marie Dionne Warwick|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1940|
|Height||5’ 6’’ (1.70 m)|
|Net Worth||$500 thousand|
|Salary/earning/income per year||–|
|Profession||Singer, Actress, & TV Show Host|
Read this article further to know more about Dionne Warwick net worth, career, and why she has a quite low income for a legendary singer who has been in the game for several decades.
Table of Contents
Dionne Warwick Personal Profile
- Legal Name & Stage Name:
- Dionne Warwick’s actual name is Marie Dionne Warrick.
- However, there was a moment when her name was misspelled as “Warwick” during her career, and she started to use the new spelling personally and professionally.
- Date of Birth: Dionne Warwick was born in 1940, in New Jersey, Orange. She celebrated her birthday every year on December 12.
- Gender & Height: She is a female singer, actress, and TV show host with a height of 1.70 m.
- Nationality: Dionne was born, raised, and live in the US since 1940. Her nationality is American.
- Best Known for:
- Dionne Warwick is very popular as a singer with a soulful voice.
- She is best known in a particular genre, such as R&B and American Pop.
- Warwick’s best-known albums are Make Way for Dionne Warwick, Heartbreaker, Anyone Who Had a Heart, and others. Throughout her career, the diva has received five Grammy Awards from Recording Academy.
Previous Days of Dionne Warwick
Warwick was born in a part of New Jersey called Orange. Her parents are Mancel Warrick and Lee Drinkard who are also African American. She had two siblings named Mancel Jr. and Dee Dee Warwick, which sadly already passed away years ago. After graduating from high school, she continued to study music at university. In her early career, she works for recording sessions in New York with her group singing backing vocals. It was a momentum that brought her to Burt Bacharach, a legendary composer, who hired Warwick to record demos.
- She finished high school in 1959 at East Orange High School.
- After that, Warwick attended higher education at Hartt College of Music, Connecticut.
- Personal life:
- Dionne Warwick has been married twice to one man named William David Elliott. The first marriage only lasts for a year from 1966 until 1967.
- Later, they remarried in 1967, in Italy. Their relationship last until 1975 when they had two sons named David and Damon.
Dionne Warwick’s Career
Everything changes the moment Dionne Warwick encountered Burt Bacharach. She was doing background vocals for a song titled “Mexican Divorce”, which was later noticed by Bacharach, and Warwick was signed to Hal David’s and Bacharach’s production company before she landed her first record label contract with Scepter Records in the early 60s. To add, Warwick does not only have a music career because many years later, but she also became an actress and TV show host.
- Dionne Warwick acting career
Besides having her songs as a soundtrack in many movies, she is also have experienced as an actress in some movies, including Slaves, The Love Machine, and series like Switch, The Fall Guys, The Rockford Files. Additionally, Warwick also becomes a TV show host like The Midnight Special, Music Country – USA, The Dionne Warwick Special, and Dionne!.
- Dionne Warwick music career
Dionne Warwick’s debut song is titled “Don’t Make Me Over,” followed by her first song that landed on the top 10 hits which are titled “Anyone Who Had a Heart.” As a start, Warwick’s international recognition began with the song “Walk On By.” Afterward, she create more Hits in other countries with several songs, including “Who Is Gonna Love Me,” “This Girl’s in Love with You,” “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again,” “Paper Mache,” and many more.
Fast forward, her career grow fast at that time and she signed with Warner Bros. Records in 1971, with $5 million stated in the contract, which is one of the most rewarding recording contracts for a female singer during the era. It is also becoming the reason why Dionne Warwick net worth or wealth in that era is such a great deal. Moving to another decade, she collaborates with other prominent singers like Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, and Elton John in a timeless song called “That’s What Friends Are For”, in which they won a Grammy.
- Awards & Nominations
- Best Female R&B Vocal Performance – Winner (1)
- Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal – Winner (1)
- Best Female Pop Vocal Performance – Winner (3)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Honored by the Recording Academy in 2019
- Special Recognition Award in 1987 by American Music Awards for the song “That’s What Friends Are For”
- Billboard’s Single of the Year in 1987 for the song “That’s What Friends Are For”
- RIAA two time honoree for Songs of the Century
There are still many lists of awards and nominations she receives during her career, including 9 other Grammy nominations, NME Awards nominations, etc.
Dionne Warwick Net Worth
Dionne Warwick net worth is evaluated to be $500 thousand.
Even though there is information that she founded her record label, Sonday Records, in 1970, there is no further report about Dionne Warwick net worth from another business or work.
- Real estate
Warwick was living in New Jersey with a rented house when she announced her bankruptcy in 2013. Unfortunately, we could not provide information about Dionne Warwick net worth from real estate at this moment.
There is no exact record about Dionne Warwick net worth from vehicles ownership. Yet, in the 70s she was reported to own one of the most luxurious cars, Rolls Royce.
Dionne Warwick net worth presently is $500 thousand, without further report about her salary or income per year.
- How does Dionne Warwick make money?
Dionne Warwick net worth is coming from her music career in the first place.
- Why is Dionne Warwick net worth so low?
The reason why Dionne Warwick net worth is so low is that there is financial mismanagement from the 80s until the 90s. In addition, she owns a text debt for more than $10 million in accumulation. She reported for bankruptcy and knew that her wealth was only $25.500 at that time. Henceforth, she signed a contract with an entertainment management company, Star Girl Productions alongside went touring in several countries.
Is Dionne Warwick Still Busy?
She does not have a plan to retire anytime soon.
- What is Dionne Warwick doing now?
The diva is enjoying her life by showing up frequently on her Twitter account. A lot of people talk about how funny Dionne Warwick is with her social media presence. In addition, she occasionally appears in several shows like Colbert Late Show, SNL, and The Drew Barrymore Show.
Yes, the two legendary singers with golden voices are cousins. Whitney Houston’s mother is the aunt of Dionne.