Are you familiar with the actor of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm? For his work as a comedian and actor, Richard Lewis net worth has been increasing throughout his career in the industry.
The now 77 years old Brooklyn-born has started his career since 1977 up until now.
Do you want to know how much Richard Lewis net worth is as of today? Find the answer in the article below.
|Stage Name||Richard Lewis|
|Legal Name||Richard Philip Lewis|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1947|
|Height||5′ 9″ (1.75 m)|
|Net worth||8.5 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$200,000 – $900,000|
|Profession||Stand-up comedian, actor|
Richard Lewis Profile
Before we get to the discussion about Richard Lewis net worth, let’s first take a quick look at some of his basic information.
- Legal Name & stage name: Born Richard Philip Lewis, the stand-up comedian is known by the public as Richard Lewis.
- Date of Birth: Richard Lewis’ date of birth is June 19. He was born in 1947 in Brooklyn, New York.
- Gender & Height: He is a 5′ 9″ (1.75 m) male.
- Nationality: Richard Lewis is a U.S. citizen.
- What is Richard Lewis Best Known for?
- Richard Lewis net worth mostly comes from his creative endeavor in stand-up performances, also film and television appearances.
- His role that is mostly well-received by the public is in HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he plays a semi-fictionalized version of himself.
Early Years of Richard Lewis
Long before Richard Lewis net worth get to a staggering amount, he lived a pretty ordinary childhood. Richard Lewis was raised in Englewood, New Jersey, although he was born in Brooklyn, New York. He inherited the performing talent from his mother, who once was an actress, while his father is a caterer.
Richard Lewis came from a not-so-religious Jewish family.
- Growing up in Englewood, New Jersey, he went to Dwight Morrow High School and graduated in 1965. He was considered as a class clown in school, which made his teacher reacted badly.
- Afterward, he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Ohio State University. Back then, he was in the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity as a member of the Eta Chapter.
- Personal life:
- Richard Lewis was in a long-time relationship with his girlfriend, Joyce Lapinsky. He then married Joyce Lapinsky in 2005 and remain married until now.
- At the age of 70 in 2016, he fell off his roof in their new house and shattered his right hand. The year before, they left their Los Angeles house that they had been living in for decades.
Richard Lewis’s Career
At the beginning of his career journey, Richard Lewis worked two jobs to make ends meet. Around the 1970s, he worked as a copywriter for an advertising agency in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, and performed a stand-up comedian after office hours.
- Richard Lewis Standup Career
He started to gain attention in the 1980s by appearing several times on Late Night with David Letterman. He also has his own stand-up special on HBO. His trademark during the beginning of his career is an all-black outfit that he always wore.
His writing ability that is also useful for stand-up was honed by writing comic articles for magazines or copywriting for brands. He had written for Playboy magazine, also beverages and mints brands, such as Boku, Snapple, and Certs.
He continues performing stand-up, which from the beginning specialized in self-deprecating humor, that contributes largely to Richard Lewis net worth.
- Richard Lewis acting career
Richard Lewis first acting gig is in Diary of a Young Comic. He then starred alongside Jamie Lee Curtis in a situational comedy Anything but Love, for three seasons. He also appeared in Daddy Dearest, co-starring with Don Rickles. A few tv shows where he showed off his acting chop are Rude Awakening, 7th Heaven, Tales from the Crypt, George Lopez, Everybody Hates Chris, and Two and a Half Men.
Richard Lewis also appeared in several comedy films, such as Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Wagons East, Once Upon A Crime, and The Wrong Guys. He landed the chance to play the lead role in Drunks and Game Day. Richard Lewis net worth is also generated from some drama movies, including Leaving Las Vegas, Hugo Pool, and The Maze.
- Awards & Nominations
Richard Lewis net worth and success as a comedian were also proved by several awards nominations that he received. During his career, he had been nominated for his writing and performance in CableACE Awards, Viewers for Quality Television, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
He was also made it into the “100 Greatest Standups of All Time” list made by Comedy Central, ranked #45.
Richard Lewis Net worth
Compared to fellow comedian around the same age, Richard Lewis net worth might not as high, although it is also not low at all. These days, his net worth is estimated to be around $8.5 million, which is quite a lot.
- It is unknown whether Richard Lewis net worth is generated from business ventures or not.
- Apart from the show business, Richard Lewis’ other endeavor is also in book publishing.
- He wrote his first book in 2001 titled The Other Great Depression, where he recalled stories of his struggles in battling alcohol addiction.
- Real estate: Richard Lewis net worth is generated from some of his property investments. One of them was the L.A. home that he sold back in 2016 for $1.559 million.
- Salary Detail: Richard Lewis net worth is accumulated from his annual income, in the range between $200,000 – $900,000.
- How does Richard Lewis make money? To sum up, Richard Lewis net worth is generated from his contract as a stand-up comedian, actor, and writer.
Is Richard Lewis Retired?
Richard Lewis is still very much active in the entertainment industry. However, due to his physical limitations from multiple surgeries that he had in the past years, he couldn’t appear as much as he wants to.
- What is Richard Lewis Doing now?
Apart from performing stand-up routines, he also reprised his role in HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2021, and probably in future episodes.