Do you want to know about Regis Philbin net worth and achievement? Now, you are accessing the right online portal since this page presents all information related to this TV host.
Hence, you can find out Regis Philbin’s biography, career journey, assets, and wealth.
|Stage Name||Regis Philbin|
|Legal Name||Regis Francis Xavier Philbin|
|Date of Birth||25th August 1931|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (170 cm)|
|Regis Philbin Net Worth||$180 million|
|Salary/ Earning/ Income per year||$20 million|
|Profession||TV Host, Singer|
Personal Background of Regis Philbin
Regis Philbin was a multitalented entertainer. Likewise, he became an actor, a TV host, and a singer.
Also, he had released several music albums during his life. Besides, Regis wrote some books.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: The real name of this actor was Regis Francis Xavier Philbin. However, he was mostly known as Regis Philbin.
- Date of Birth: Regis was born in 1931 and his date of birth was 25th August.
- Gender & Height: Regis Philbin was a male. His weight was 165 lbs (75 kg), whereas his height was 5 feet 6 inches (170 cm).
- Nationality: As Regis was born in New York, so he was an American
- What is Regis Philbin Best Known for?
- The public knows Regis Philbin as a TV personality who hosted many TV shows until the end of his life.
- For instance, one of them was Million Dollar Password.
- Additionally, the other TV shows were America’s Got Talent and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
- Furthermore, Regis Philbin received Guinness World Record in 2004. He won an award for the Most Hours on US Television.
Due to his achievement and fame, the public is always curious about Regis Philbin net worth.
Regis Philbin’s Journey of Life
Born in Bronx, New York, Regis Philbin was the son of Frank and Filomena. Regis’s father was a US Marine.
Moreover, Regis had a sibling named Frank.
- Regis Philbin studied at Our Lady of Solace Grammar School in the Bronx. After that, he went to Cardinal Hayes, New York.
- Furthermore, Regis chose Sociology at the University of Notre Dame. After obtaining his degree, Regis joined the US Navy.
- There, he worked as a supply officer.
- Personal Life:
- In 1955, Regis Philbin married Catherine Faylen. However, their marriage ended in 1968. From this marriage, Regis was blessed with 2 children named Daniel and Amy.
- Meanwhile, in 1970, Regis married Joy Senese.
- In the second marriage, Regis had two daughters named Jennifer and Joana. He also had grandchildren.
Regis Philbin’s Career
Firstly, Philbin’s career in the entertainment industry was started when he worked in a TV show entitled The Tonight Show.
Then, he signed a contract as a host of The Regis Philbin Show in 1961.
After that, he also became a co-host of A.M Los Angeles. In 1982, he co-hosted The Morning Show.
Moreover, in 1988, Regis hosted Live! With Regis and Kelly.
However, in 2011, Regis Philbin announced that he wanted to retire when he celebrated 28 years as a host.
Thus, his dedication as a TV host paid off as his shows are very popular. No doubt, his income as a TV host contributes to Regis Philbin net worth.
Regis Philbin was also well-known as the host of the various game show. For example, Who Wants to be a Millionaire was one of the shows.
Additionally, he was the host of Who Wants to Be a Super Millionaire in 2004.
Meanwhile, he belonged to the 15 Best Game Show Hosts in History. Furthermore, in 2006, Regis became the host of America’s Got Talent.
Otherwise, his role was taken over by Jerry Springer due to the health problem. His achievement in hosting various game shows also increased Regis Philbin net worth.
Awards & Nominations
During his entertainment career, Regis Philbin had received many awards. He also became the winner of The TV Guide Award for Personality of the Year.
Moreover, the other achievements were from Disney Legends, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the Walter Camp Distinguished American award.
Regis Philbin Net Worth
Indeed, as he got a big income as a TV host, Regis Philbin net worth was estimated at $180 million.
Hence, the main source of Regis’s wealth was from the salary of hosting many TV shows and game shows.
Due to his appearance as a TV host, Regis was considered the most successful TV personality in the world.
Therefore, Regis Philbin net worth was incredible.
- Regis Philbin net worth was purely accumulated from his hard work as a TV host. Nonetheless, nobody knows Regis Philbin’s business.
- Property Collection
- Regis bought a $7.2 million mansion in Connecticut in 2008. But, this luxurious mansion was sold in 2019.
- Later he sold a home that cost $3 million in Greenwich.
- Then, in 2016, he purchased a condo that cost $2.5 million in Beverly Hills. Thus, Regis Philbin net worth was spent on property investment.
- Sport Cars: Unfortunately, the cars owned by Regis Philbin were not revealed to the public.
- How Much Regis Philbin Make Per Year?
- Regis Philbin was considered the highest-paid TV host. Likewise, no doubt, his annual income is estimated at $20 million.
- Moreover, the huge salary he received as a TV host skyrocketed Regis Philbin net worth.
- How Does Regis Philbin Make Money?
- Regis Philbin earned his wealth from his appearance in many talk shows and game shows. Besides, he got income from music album sales.
- Subsequently, he released several albums. For example, It’s time for Regis was his album.
- Moreover, the other albums were The Regis Philbin Christmas Album, as well as Just You. Just Me, and When You’re Smiling.
- Regis Philbin Net Worth at Death: When Regis died in 2020, his wealth was estimated at $150 million.
Regis Philbin Autograph Worth
Indeed, Regis Philbin was passed away on 24th July 2020 from a heart attack.
As a fan of this TV host, you can also purchase Regis Philbin memorabilia, autograph, and other collectibles.
Thus, you can buy his autograph easily on the marketplace and online sites. Then, the price of Regis Philbin autographs ranges from $60 to $500.