Ray Rice net worth this year is estimated at 13 million dollars. With revenues reaching hundreds of billions dollars These made Ray Rice one of the most successful American football players.
If you’re interested in Ray Rice net worth, here are some details about his biography. Ray Rice has an estimated net worth of $12 million, and has made a fortune through his years as a player in the NFL. He also continues to make money with investments and by maintaining a healthy football career.
|Stage Name||Ray Rice|
|Legal name||Raymell Maurice Rice|
|Date of Birth:||January 22, 1987|
|Net worth||$13 million|
|Salary / earning / income per day||$2.85 million|
Table of Contents
Ray Rice Personal Identity
Ray Rice net worth increased fantastically when he was nominated as one of the best American football players of all time. He was a star football player at Rutgers University and then went on to play for the Baltimore Ravens in the National Football League.
After signing with the Baltimore Ravens at the start of his professional sports career, Ray went on to play six seasons so far and was a part of the team that won their first Super Bowl title in 2013. The increase in Ray Rice net worth started when he finished college before going pro and is remembered as a huge success story for those who may have started their career in a similar manner!
Ray Rice has been a professional football player for over a decade. He has been playing in the NFL since 2007, and currently plays for the Baltimore Ravens as a running back. Ray Rice net worth is huge because he is known as one of the most popular players of his generation.
- Legal Name & stage name: The former American Football player’s real name is Raymell Maurice Rice. However, he is better known as Ray Rice.
- Date of Birth: Ray Rice was born in New Rochelle, New York on January 22, 1987. This means that he is currently 34 years old.
- Gender & Height: Ray Rice is male and has a height of 173 cm and a weight of 96 kg.
- Nationality: Ray Rice is an American citizen.
What is Ray Rice Famous for?
Ray Rice is a retired American football player who played from the beginning of his career to the end of his career for the Baltimore Ravens. He was drafted by the Ravens in 2008 and remained with them for his whole career, playing in a total of 10 games in his rookie year.
In 2009, he played in all 16 games and scored 12 touchdowns. In 2010, Ray Rice net worth increased dramatically after he was voted to the Pro Bowl and named the AP Defensive Player of the Year.
Ray Rice was named the second best rusher on the Baltimore Ravens team. With his excellent skills, he managed to bring home the prestigious Super Bowl title in 2012.
Rice has been a force on the football field ever since he first stepped onto the field at Rutgers University, where he racked up 1,313 yards and 13 touchdowns during his sophomore campaign. The career in American football has led Ray Rice net worth to grow year by year.
Education and Personal Life
Ray Rice was born and raised in New York. Ray Rice’s parents are Calvin Reed and Janet Rice. Despite Ray Rice net worth and his successful NFL career, in his past he had it rough. Ray Rice lost his dad at a very young age.
His mother, Janet Rice, got remarried to a man named Raymond Dolan in 1976. Ray Rice’s family has suffered hardships in their past and they are still suffering in the present due to the recent scandal with Ray Rice.
Ray Rice has three siblings. However, not many sources tell in detail about his family.
Ray Rice attended New Rochelle High School. After that, he continued his studies at Rutgers University. He started playing American Football in school. At that time, he was coached by Coach Lou DiRienzo.
While defending the New Rochelle High School team and competing in three seasons, this team only lost once.
He attended Rutgers University where he played on the football team from 2005 to 2007. The Scarlet Knights team won the 2006 Atlantic-10 Championship Game.
Ray Rice was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2008 and played for them until 2014.Ray Rice net worth, career, and popularity were on the rise after he signed with the Oakland Raiders in 2015. He was released shortly thereafter for breaching team rules due to his habitual pot-smoking.
- Personal life
Ray Rice married Janay Palmer in 2014. In this marriage, they have one child, Rayven Rice. Janay was born on September 27, 1987 in the United States.
Despite Ray Rice net worth coming after his career as a professional American Football player, he is also involved in several charities. For example he helps the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Apart from that, he is also involved in social activities to prevent cyber-bullying.
Ray Rice Net Worth
Ray Rice net worth is at 13 million dollars. Most of the income he earns comes from contract work as an American Football player.
He first got a job contract from the Baltimore Ravens in 2008. Revenue from the contract was worth 2.85 million dollars. Until finally getting a contract extension in 2011.
At that time, he earned a salary or contract value of around 35 million dollars. The contract expired in 2012. With a very large income and salary, it is not surprising that Ray Rice net worth can reach tens of millions of dollars.
Ray Rice net worth is growing as he earns a lot of bonuses. From 2012 to 2013, he earned salaries and bonuses from the Baltimore Ravens for a total income of $25 million.
The following year, he also earned a $7 million bonus at the end of the season. During his six season career in the NFL, Ray Rice was able to collect income from his work as an American football athlete to 38 million dollars. This is what makes Ray Rice net worth a fantastic sum.
- How does he make money?
- Ray Rice net worth comes from the employment contracts he served while playing in the NFL. He earned a fairly large salary and income while defending the Baltimore Ravens team.
- In addition, Ray Rice net worth is also obtained from bonuses when he manages to win matches.
- How much does he make per year?
- The NFL’s annual salary cap for the 2014 season is $133 million. It is quite interesting to see Ray Rice net worth come from through looking at his salary per year. Ray Rice signed a contract extension with the Baltimore Ravens in July 2013, which could earn him an additional $8 million annually through bonuses and contracts.
- Real estate:
- Ray Rice net worth is 13 million dollars. With this considerable amount of wealth, he bought a luxury home as an investment property in Reisterstown. It is known that the house costs 850 thousand dollars.
- However, the house was sold three years later when he was caught in a legal case. Then he bought a smaller house in Pikesville for $319 thousand. This house became one of Ray Rice’s investment properties.
- After his work and career in the NFL ended, many were curious about what business and investments Ray Rice was in. However, there are no accurate sources describing Ray Rice’s business.
- Some sources only mention that he is involved in several charitable and social organizations.
Ray Rice professional career began when he got a job and was contracted with the Baltimore Ravens team from 2008 to 2013. He got a fairly large contract value and bonus. This is what makes Ray Rice net worth fantastic.
However, his work and career had to end in 2014. This was because he was involved in the beating of his fiancé. He was arrested but in the end he was released and received counseling.
Because of that case he can no longer play in the NFL. Finally he announced his retirement from the NFL in 2018.
Awards & Achievements
Here are some of the awards that Ray Rice has won:
XLVII Super Bowl Champion
Second Team All-Pro in 2009 and 2011
Pro Bowl Awards in 2009, 2011, and 2012
Awards First Team All American in 2007
Facts about Ray Rice
Ray Rice was indicted on charges of molestation. A video circulated showing him dragging his fiancé, Janay Palmer, who was unconscious. It is known that Palmer fainted from a blow to his head.
He was eventually arrested for the case and had to lose his career and job as a player in the NFL.
Ray Rice net worth began to decrease in 2018 when he retired from the NFL. This is because he was involved in a legal case and no club was willing to sign him as a player.
After his retirement, there has been no news about Ray Rice’s current job, investment or new business.
- What is Ray Rice Doing now?
Even though Ray Rice net worth wasn’t growing fantastically after he was involved in an illegal case, but he is currently living happily with his family in New York. He is also involved in several social organizations.