As the filmmaker behind both critically and commercially successful movie & TV projects, he has M Night Shyamalan net worth of $80 million, as estimated in today’s market value.
What makes up M Night Shyamalan net worth? How did he make his money? Was he were just an actor and director? This producer and director has amassed a substantial amount of wealth due to their successful career in Hollywood.
|Stage Name||M Night Shyamalan|
|Legal name||Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1970|
|Net worth||$80 millions|
|Salary / earning / income per year||–|
M Night Shyamalan Personal Profile
M Night Shyamalan is an Indian actor, director and writer. Apart from that he also has worked as a screenwriter, producer, and author of several books
Shyamalan is best known for making his films with unexpected endings that surprise audiences worldwide. He has won many awards and has seen tremendous success and got quite M Night Shyamalan net worth through well-publicized investments in the film industry.
- Legal Name & stage name: The real name of this director and actor is Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan. However, he is better known as M Night Shyamalan.
- Date of Birth: M Night Shyamalan was born in Mahe, Puducherry, India on August 6, 1970. This means that he is currently 51 years old.
- Gender & Height: M Night Shyamalan is male and has a height of 5’ 8”.
- Nationality: Although born in India, M Night Shyamalan is an American citizen.
- What is M Night Shyamalan Best Known for?
- M Night Shyamalan is known as a director, screenwriter, and producer. He has produced many film titles around the world with an interesting and distinctive plot twist.
- He first got a work contract as a director in a film called The Sixth Sense in the 90s. Then he became the director of various other successful films. His career and work in the world of cinema have become a public conversation. No wonder so many people are still interested by it, even this many years after its release!
Previous Years of M Night Shyamalan
M Night Shyamalan was originally born to two Indian immigrants and raised according to Hindu customs. His father is a medical doctor, and his mother is also in the medical field.
Shyamalan was born with a desire to make films. While he wasn’t always sure if he should pursue it as a career like his parents suggested, he eventually decided to do something that gave him satisfaction & happiness- making films.
- M Night Shyamalan has attended college at both Catholic and non-Catholic schools, though he still remains a Hindu.
- He received an academic scholarship to attend New York University years later
- Personal life:
- M Night Shyamalan married Dr Bhavna Vaswani in 2010, which led to the birth of three daughters.
- Two of them are directors and musicians.
M Night Shyamalan’s Career
He made a dramatic thrill-a-minute debut in his first movie, the long & passionate thriller Praying With Anger. He filmed a previous feature film in New York called Wide Awake. The movie received some award nominations, ultimately winning as the best drama of the year.
Career history says that he made a major breakthrough with a film called The Sixth Sense. It also received nominations for awards, including the Oscars.
Shyamalan was able to sign cooperation contracts with several film production houses. His first movie after his adaptation of the Unbreakable comic came out and was a box office hit. That first film certainly added to the success and good amount of M Night Shyamalan net worth for him.
In 2006, he released the film Lady in the Water but this film received a lot of criticism. After releasing The Happening, M Night Shyamalan also re-released Avatar: The Last Airbender which won multiple Razzie Awards.
In 2010 he released Devil, which was very well-received and was met with great reviews. In 2015 he announced his next film, The Visit, which became a huge hit with $98 million in revenue. His latest film Split earned more than $278 million.
M Night Shyamalan has had a lot of success in the entertainment industry, especially with his recent film Glass which made over $245 million. His previous films have also helped to build such a vast M Night Shyamalan net worth.
M Night Shyamalan Best Movies
Here are some of the best films that M Night Shyamalan has made:
- The Sixth Sense
- The Village
- The Happening
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Visit
Shyamalan announced that the next film to be released is titled Knock at the Cabin. The film will be released on February 3, 2023.
M Night Shyamalan Books
At first M Night Shyamalan wrote and directed films, but he has also published several books and has worked with one of the biggest publishing houses. He published a book entitled I Got Schooled: The Unlikely Story of How a Moonlight Movie Maker Learned the Five Keys to Closing America’s Education Gap.
M Night Shyamalan Net worth
M Night Shyamalan net worth is estimated at $80 million. He is one of the most decorated directors in Hollywood and has a lot of money coming from his movies.
M Night Shyamalan is also a successful Hollywood actor. He has appeared in films and TV series, including Entourage and The Office.
M Night Shyamalan is also the producer of the film series, Servant and Wayward Pines. His salary as a producer definitely builds M Night Shyamalan net worth.
M Night Shyamalan net worth is generally unknown. It remains unclear as to which business he is in now.
- Real estate
Plenty of sources can be found online that help explain how he makes M Night Shyamalan net worth and the types of houses he has.
- How much does M Night Shyamalan make per year?
One of the reasons it is hard to pin down what M Night Shyamalan net worth and salary or income is in one year is because he makes money from his films.
- How does M Night Shyamalan make money?
M Night Shyamalan net worth or income comes from his directing contract work, screenwriting, TV and film producing and acting.
Is M Night Shyamalan Still In Industry?
M Night Shyamalan is still very active in the film industry and there are no plans to retire.
- What is M Night Shyamalan Doing now?
M Night Shyamalan’s latest film entitled Knock at the Cabin is scheduled for release on February 2023. Fans of his work can’t wait to check it out. Because the majority of M Night Shyamalan’s recent films were able to greatly impact their audiences, there is a lot of anticipation around this new release as well.