The fantastic amount of Phil Donahue net worth makes him one of the richest artists in America. Further, he has been working since 1957 until now.
Indeed, the current Phil Donahue net worth is the accumulation of wealth with his wife. How can they be that rich?
Here is the review:
|1||Stage Name:||Phillip Donahue|
|2||Legal Name:||Phillip John Donahue|
|3||Date of Birth:||December 21, 1935|
|5||Height:||6 ft 0.047 in (183 cm)|
|6||Phil Donahue Net Worth:||$160 million|
|7||Salary/earning/income per year:||$20 million per year in the estimation|
|8||Profession:||American actor, host of The Phil Donahue Show, media personality, writer, film producer|
Personal Information of Phil Donahue
Before talking about Phil Donahue net worth, we should first discuss his profile. He is known as a journalist who later also penetrated the entertainment industry.
At first, Philip John Donahue was a production assistant at KYW, which runs the radio and television business. After that, he slowly penetrated various media until he got the title of a professional journalist.
In the end, he started a big step by creating a show called The Phil Donahue Show. Then, the show aired on WLWD, which is now WDTN.
After decades of working in the media world, he finally got involved in a film in 2006. At that time, he became a co-producer in Body of War.
Over time, Phil Donahue also continued to appear in various appearances.
Although he entered the world of film, he was heavily involved in documentaries related to social and political issues.
- Legal Name & Stage name: Phil Donahue’s legal name is Phillip John Donahue.
- Date of Birth: Phil Donahue was born on December 21, 1935.
- Gender & Height: Phil Donahue is a male with a height of 183 cm tall. Meanwhile, his body measurement is 187.393 lbs. (85 kg).
- Nationality: He was born in Cleveland, Ohio, the U.S., so he is an American.
- What is Phil Donahue Best Known for?
Despite a long career, his name only shone after appearing as the host of The Phil Donahue Show. Not only a presenter, but he also acts as a creator.
Additionally, in previous years, Phil Donahue also appeared as a host in various discussions. One of them was the U.S.–Soviet Space Bridge in 1980.
At that time, he collaborated with Vladimir Posner.
Besides, this man has become notable because of his involvement in documentaries, such as Body of War and Finding Vivian Maier.
Therefore, he had won 20 Emmy Awards, which lead to a fantastic Phil Donahue net worth.
Early Years of Phil Donahue
Phillip John Donahue was born in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S. on December 21, 1935. He is the son of Phillip Donahue and Catherine (McClory).
Moreover, Phil Donahue’s family is a devout Irish Catholic and belongs to the middle-class group. He also lived his childhood like his peers.
- Phil Donahue’s family seems to put education first. As an elementary student, he studied at Our Lady of Angels. His school is quite close to home.
- He then continued to St. Edward High School, which is a Catholic religion-based school.
- After that, he studied at the University of Notre Dame and received the Bachelor of Business Administration title in 1957.
- Furthermore, St. Edward High School and the University of Notre Dame are educational institutions under the Congregation of Holy Cross located in Lakewood, Ohio.
- Personal life.
- Phil Donahue married Margaret Cooney in 1958. Then, the couple has five children, namely Michael, Kevin, Daniel, Mary Rose, and James. However, they divorced in 1975.
- Uniquely, Vivian Maier became a nanny for his children. This street photographer took care of them until he got married again. Finally, Phil Donahue married Marlo Thomas in 1980.
- Unfortunately, at an age that is no longer young, Phil Donahue gets a tough ordeal. Further, his youngest son, James, died in 2015 from an aortic aneurysm.
Phil Donahue’s Career
He has had a career since 1957 through a contract with radio and television. After a long journey, finally Phil Donahue net worth and popularity can grow to the top.
- Phil Donahue as Journalist
- A career as a journalist was the first thing that allowed him to reach the point of success. Phil Donahue worked at KYW radio and television in 1957.
- After that, his career continued to grow, and he was involved in various top media. Finally, he made his program, The Phil Donahue Show.
- Film Producer/Director
- Phil Donahue started his movie career in 2006 by producing a documentary film titled Body of War. After that, he made more films about society and politics.
- Phil Donahue as voice actor
- He is also said to have been a voice actor, but not much information is available.
- TV Presenter
- He is best known as the host of “The Phil Donahue Show” and “Donahue”. However, the latest was canceled in 2003, making him a hiatus for 7 years.
Phil Donahue Net Worth
Recent reports reveal that Phil Donahue net worth is currently at $160 million. However, this amount is said to be a combination of his wife’s wealth.
Here are the details:
Apart from his involvement in the media and entertainment industry, not many people know about Phil Donahue’s business.
Phil and Marlo bought a luxury home investment in 1986. In addition, two years later, they built a connected property for less than $7 million.
Thereupon, the combined house finally sold in 2006 for $25 million. But in the same year, the two returned to buy a luxury one.
After that, they bought and sold houses several times. At this time, they chose to live in a residence located in Manhattan.
Phil Donahue’s Earning Make per Year
According to the latest report, he earns approximately $20 million per year. Thus, this amount contributes to Phil Donahue net worth.
How does Phil Donahue Make Money?
Indeed, most of Phil Donahue net worth comes from his involvement as a journalist.
Meanwhile, he was a host for The Phil Donahue Show and Donahue. Apart from that, he has also produced many documentaries.
Moreover, Phil Donahue net worth has skyrocketed thanks to a book that was the result of collaboration with his wife, Marlo Thomas.
Phil Donahue Latest Activities
Phil Donahue had been once inactive for seven years after stopping to host his show. However, he was active again in 2002.
Likewise, he returned to producing documentaries in the entertainment world. Currently, his appearance is starting to decrease but never stated retirement.
Together with his wife, Marlo Thomas, he had turned into an author. Therefore, their love story got attention so the book they wrote was a bestseller and contributed quite a lot to Phil Donahue net worth.