As a musician, Lil Mama net worth always increases from time to time. She is also active in various entertainment fields, from acting to presenting.
Not just an instant artist, this girl with the full name of Niatia Jessica Kirkland also has a myriad of wealth, achievements and awards.
How is her career journey, and how does it contribute to Lil Mama net worth? So, check out the following reviews!
|1||Stage Name:||Lil Mama|
|2||Legal Name:||Niatia Jessica Kirkland|
|3||Date of Birth:||October 4, 1989|
|5||Height:||5 ft 1 in (157 cm)|
|6||Lil Mama Net Worth:||$8 million|
|7||Salary/earning/income per year:||$1,000,000 per year in estimation|
|8||Profession:||American singer, rapper, actress, television presenter|
Individual Background of Lil Mama
Lil Mama is an American singer and rapper who started her career in 2006.
This New York City-born woman was immediately at the top of Billboard’s Top 10 after releasing her debut album.
Further, Voice of the Young People (VYP) was the title.
Several singles also brought her to glory, for example, Lip Gloss which earned him nominations at the MTV VMA and Teen Choice Awards.
Her name was increasingly recognized when she played the character of Lisa Lopes in the biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story.
She is also in the world of presenting.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Her legal name is Niatia Jessica Kirkland. Meanwhile, everyone knows her as Lil Mama.
- Date of Birth: Lil Mama was born on October 4, 1989.
- Gender & Height: Lil Mama is a female with a height of 157 cm tall. Besides, her weight is 106 lbs (48 kg).
- Nationality: She was born in New York City, U.S, and she is an American.
What is Lil Mama Best Famed for?
Lil Mama is best known for her single Lipgloss. It is a part of her debut album entitled Voice of the Young People.
Also, her popularity increased due to her collaboration with Avril Lavigne in the remix version of the single Girlfriend.
Furthermore, her acting as the main character of Lisa Lopes in the biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story also contributed to Lil Mama net worth.
Early Years of Lil Mama
Lil Mama was born on October 4, 1989, in New York City, with the full name of Niatia Jessica Kirkland. She is the third of eight children.
The nickname “Lil Mama” came about because she was the eldest daughter among her siblings. A difficult childhood, due to financial problems, made her mature faster.
Her mother, Tara, had breast cancer which cost her a lot. While still a student, Niatia must care for her siblings.
Plus, she lives in an environment full of violence, teenage pregnancy, and other harsh realities. However, Lil Mama is a person who loves to learn.
She wrote a lot of poetry and music and practiced dance and ballet. Therefore, it became the capital to step up the world of entertainment.
- Lil Mama studied in Harlem, New York, from kindergarten to grade 8. Then, she continued to Edward R. Murrow High School in Brooklyn to senior level.
- After that, she took independent studies.
- Personal Life (family, spouse, kids)
- Since childhood, Niatia had to struggle with family financial problems. She had to take care of her siblings as her mother, Tara Kirkland, get breast cancer.
- Then, Tara Kirkland finally passed away on December 15, 2007, after four years of battling cancer. This incident inspired Lil Mama to compose the song Shawty Get Loose.
- Despite having faced problems in life, some of Tara’s children have succeeded. Niatia’s younger sister, Arnstar, also pursues dancing.
Lil mama’s Career
Even though struggling for her family, young Niatia finally had a brilliant career and contributed to Lil Mama net worth. Here is the journey:
- Music Career
- Voice of the Young People is the debut album that brought her to popularity at a young age. Her singles managed to top the music charts and brought her to nominations and awards.
- Collaboration with Avril Lavigne earned her the nickname Queen of Hip-Hop. After that, she released many works containing criticism of violence and other social problems.
- Acting Career
- After her name was successful in the music world, she also embarked on acting which made her career shine and made Lil Mama net worth even more.
- Lil Mama Movies
- In 2013, she appeared in the biopic Lisa Lopes and portrayed the main character well. After that, this woman was very active in several films.
- Last, Lil Mama played Alia in True to the Game 3 (2021).
- Lil Mama TV Shows
- Before her name shined, she was already actively appearing in TV Shows. However, the most memorable performance was as a judge in America’s Best Dance Crew (2008-2012).
- Meanwhile, she has been a presenter in various prestigious events, such as MYV Cribs (2009). Lil Mama was also a contestant on The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars.
- The two programs titled Growing up Hip Hop: Atlanta (2018) and Growing up Hip Hop: New York (2019) also contributed to Lil Mama net worth.
- Lil Mama Awards
- Lil Mama has continuously won award nominations at various music events. But she managed to achieve glory at the Teen Choice Awards.
- Likewise, Lip Gloss won Choice Summer Song in 2007’s Teen Choice Awards. Meanwhile, Shawty Get Loose won Choice Rap/Hip-Hop Track in the following year of the same event.
Lil mama Net worth
Lil Mama net worth is currently around $8 million and most of it comes from entertainment. However, she also does business and investment.
Make Up Businesses
Currently, Lil Mama net worth also comes from a makeup business called Lip Gloss whose name is inspired by one of her first singles.
Lil Mama’s Earning per Year
Based on the latest report, regarding the business and assets, Lil Mama makes approximately $1,000,000 per year in estimation.
The Way Lil Mama Make Money
Most of Lil Mama net worth comes from activities in the entertainment industry. In addition, she also runs a cosmetic business called Lip Gloss.
The brand name was inspired by her flagship single which won an award in 2007.
What is Lil Mama Activity Now?
Lil Mama is under contract with an American label, Jive and her activities in the entertainment industry continue to this day.
She is a presenter and actively attends various events. As of 2021, Niatia is still starring in the movie True to Game 3, where she is still playing Alia.
Apart from that, she is also running a cosmetic business which contributed a large amount to Lil Mama net worth.