As a professional rapper and songwriter from the United States, Mase net worth is considerably great.
|Mason Durell Betha
|Date of Birth
|August 27, 1975
|5’9” (1.76 m)
|Between $8 and $10 million
|Salary / earning / income per year
|Rapper & Songwriter
If you are a big fan of rap, the name Mase must be familiar to you. But how far do you know about him? In this article, we will inform you more about Mase net worth, life stories, and career journey.
Before we look deeper into the information surrounding Mase net worth, let’s take a quick look at his brief profile.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Mason Durell Betha is publicly known as Murda Mase or just Mase for shorter.
- Date of Birth: The American rapper was born in 1975 and celebrates his birthday every year on August 27.
- Gender & Height: He is a male rapper with a height of 1.76 m.
- Nationality: Born in Jacksonville, Florida, Murda Mase is a Citizen of the United States.
- What is Mase Best Known for?
- As an American rapper and songwriter,
- Mase is best known for his multi-platinum albums titled “Harlem World,” “Double Up,” and “Welcome Back.”
- He is also known to be a three-time Grammy-nominated rap artist.
Mase Previous Years
Mason was born in Florida and grew up in New York. He had five siblings in total with one of them being Mase’s twin. He and his siblings had to move out to New York with their mother when their father left them.
Mason was moving back and forth between Jacksonville and New York before he attended high school in Manhattan and joined the basketball team. He had the first aspiration to be an NBA player before showing interest and curiosity in music.
- Mason Durell Betha entranced to Manhattan Center High School and continue his higher study at the State University of New York at Purchase.
- He resigned from his study to pursue a career in music. However, during the break of his career in the late 90s, he attended Clark Atlanta University and started his low profile life as a student. No information whether he finished this study or not.
- Personal life:
- Mase had a romantic relationship with Brandy Norwood from 1998 up to 1999.
- A few years later he had a brief dating moment with Karrine Steffans before he tied the knot with Twyla Betha from 2001 until their final divorce in 2014.
- The information of Mase’s personal relationship at this moment seems blurry because there is no report or rumor about any woman in his life.
We can not discuss Murda Mase net worth without explaining his music career journey. Long story short, he encountered notable figures that introduced him to the music industry, including a music manager named Cudda Love as well as the popular Puff Daddy. Henceforth, Mase signed a contract for $250.000 with a record label named Bad Boy Records, founded Puff Daddy. He collaborates with other hip-hop artists and reached his number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for a song titled “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems,” featuring the Notorious B.I.G.
From 1996 until 1999, Mase successfully scored six songs on the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 chart and five number-one singles on the Hot Rap Songs. He is also known as a collaborator of the great Mariah Carey, Brandy, and Brian McKnight. During the top of his career, he took a break and came back for two years until 2006, before taking a break again and finally coming back in 2009.
As one of the legendary rap artists in the 90s, Mase left a legacy to the hip-hop community for his unique melody and lines. The noteworthy rap artists like Fabolous, Kanye West, and Pusha T are some of the figures inspired by Mase’s legacy. Furthermore, the currently controversial Kanye West mentioned Mase as his dearest favored rap artist.
Mase Net Worth
Mase net worth is calculated to be somewhere between $8 and $10 million over the course of his career. One of his biggest record sales was during the year 1997 when he received approximately a $4.300.000 salary from the “Harlem World” studio album. Following the next several years, $514.000 was estimated to be added to Mase net worth for the income of his “Double Up” album and $525.00 for the sales of “Welcome Back” in 2004. To added the information of Mase net worth, it is rumored that the presupposition of his entire music catalog worth could be up to $25 million.
Businesses and Other Sources
Mase is reported to build a record label called All Out Records in 1998. There are several talents that signed a contract with the label, including Stason who is known as Mase’s sister, Harlem Group, and some more. Regardless, there are no details of any investment or business outside the music industry that contributes to Mase net worth.
The biggest source of Mase net worth is from his work as a rapper and songwriter. To add more, Mase gained his wealth from contracts he signed, pieces of music he produced and wrote, concerts and tours, and many more.
Mase Retirement and Current Activities
In an interview during the rise of Mase’s career in 1999, he mentioned his plan to retire from music to focus on exploring his religion and wanted to serve God. Every “temporary” thing he has does not make him delighted with his life. Several years later, he came back to the spotlight in 2004 with a lead single and album that goes by the same title as “Welcome Black.” The music was considered to be a terrific success with 188.000 total sales during the first week.
Although in the 2010s he is no longer actively released music, Masa is infrequently released a track or two. It is still unclear whether or not Mase is retired from the music industry at this point. Yet, he is informed to be more focused on his religious faith and was an ordained minister before becoming a pastor in one of Atlanta’s churches.
It is uncertain what Mase doing is with his music career aside from his current activity as a preacher. However, he is also rumored to have upcoming tours in 2022 and 2023. Mase is considered to be one of the most low-profile figures in the rap and hip-hop community, unlike some of his peers. Yet, you can find that his social media account has no updates at all.
To conclude, this is the discussion of Mase net worth, salary, income, or wealth, plus additional information surrounding his early life and personal life before the career journey.