As a multi-talented singer, songwriter, and actress from the country of Uncle Sam, Jill Scott net worth is calculated to be around $12 – $15 million in total.
|Stage Name||Jill Scott|
|Legal Name||Jill Heather Scott|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1972|
|Height||5’6″ (1.68 m)|
|Net Worth||Around $12 – $15 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||–|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, & Actress|
Read this article for the details of Jill Scott net worth and everything you want to know surrounding her personal life plus career journey.
Jill Scott Real Identity
This is a brief discussion from the profile of the singer-songwriter before we look deeper into Jill Scott net worth.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Jill Heather Scott is recognized for her stage name as Jill Scott.
- Date of Birth: Scott was born in 1972 and celebrates her birthday on April 4 annually.
- Gender & Height: Regarding her body measurements, Jill Scott has a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall and a weight of 201 lb or 91 kg.
- Nationality: Jill Scott is a United States Citizen.
- Best Known for:
- Jill Scott is a renowned Grammy-winning musician who is also best known for her most famous song titled A Long Walk.
- Her record album titled Who Is Jill Scott?: Words and Sounds Vol. 1 is Scott’s most reputable album that happens to be her debut album.
Jill Scott Tender Ages
Jill Scott was born and raised in Philadelphia as her mother’s sole child. There is not much to tell about her early life except that she was loved and adored by her family.
Education and Personal life
Scott attended the Philadelphia High School for Girls and continued her study at Temple University to pursue her former dream as an educator.
Scott’s first marriage was with her former beloved boyfriend named Lyzel Williams, whom he married from 2001 until the final divorce in 2007. Jill Scott loved him deeply and made her write a song titled He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat). Not long after that, Scott was caught with Li’l John Roberts, publicly known as her drummer and they engaged for almost a year and had a son together named Jett Hamilton. It took them a few months after their son’s birth before Scott and Roberts broke up and tried their best as parents for the child.
Keeping up the relationship in public is a tough thing to do for artists or public figures. Jill Scott struggling to make her relationship works just like any of her peers. But since her past two relationships are unsuccessful, it was the only thing that could be her muse to write music and overcome her heartache. Years after trying to put the pieces back together, her heart found another man named Mike Dobson, and they tied the knot in 2016 before going to separate ways only one year and a few months of marriage.
Jill Scott’s Career
After she quit university, Scott began her early career as a performer in poet readings in which she encountered Questlove and requested to come to the studio. It was the turning point that changed her life drastically. The start of her career was marked with a collaboration alongside renowned figures including Will Smith, Common, and Eric Benet.
Jill Scott Acting Career
Not only starting his career with music, but Jill Scott is also showing her acting talent in her early years and joined theatre productions. She began to appear in a theatre show Neighbors from Hell, some of the episodes of Girlfriends, and a film Cavedwellers with Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon. There are several popular shows and movies with Jill Scott in them including, First Wives Club, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Botswana, Why Did I Get Married Too? and many more. This amount of work is contribute to Jill Scott net worth in general.
Jill Scott Music Career
Jill Scott signed the contract with a record label named Hidden Beach Recordings and released her debut discography in 2000. Later on, she obtained a Grammy nomination during her debut era and was praised by the industry. Aside from her talent as a songwriter and singer, Scott is giving attention to her poetry writings as well and collaborating with St.Martin’s Press to released her poem collections.
Throughout few decades of her career in the entertainment industry, Scott released critically acclaimed albums titled Who Is Jill Scott?: Words and Sounds Vol. 1, Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2, The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3, The Light of the Sun, and Woman.
Awards & Nominations
Jill Scott’s milestone during her entire career is when she was honored with ten Grammy nominations and won three of them for two Best Urban/Alternative Performance and a Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance. Into the bargain, Scott is also received other nominations from Image Awards, BET Awards, Brit Awards, Black Reel Awards, and many more.
Jill Scott Net Worth
Based on various sources, it is reported that Jill Scott net worth is counted to be around $12 – $15 million. In 2000 Scott’s bestselling album gave her a salary of around $3 million, and she continue to earn another $1 million in the next year. For the next few years, Scott keeps receiving millions of income, followed by her concert tickets revenue in 2008, 2011, and 2012. Her biggest ticket sales were in the year 2008 when Scott’s concert tickets sold more than 81.000 for around $4 million for The Real Thing Tour. Based on these reports, it is no surprise that Jill Scott net worth or wealth is considered great.
- Businesses: It seems that the American singer-songwriter does not have an investment or business that contributes to Jill Scott net worth outside her music work.
- Real estate:
- After moving out from California, Jill Scott has been residing in Brentwood, Tennessee, since many years ago.
- She presently lives there and raises his lovely son in a house worth around $3 million.
- Yet, the information about whether or not she has property investment that contributes to Jill Scott net worth or income remains unknown.
- The details of Jill Scott net worth from cars or any vehicles are unavailable.
- But a few years ago during the divorce settlement, Scott was rumored to give her former husband approximately $50.000 for his car.
- Income: Unfortunately, there is no definite number of Jill Scott net worth or wealth per year.
- How does Jill Scott make money? Jill Scott net worth primarily comes from her work as a singer and songwriter with bestselling albums alongside her appearances as an actress in television shows and movies.
What is Jill Scott Focus on now?
Jill Scott is not retired at this moment and is now presently focused on her work to act and produce the remake version of the popular television show titled Highway to Heaven.
Jill Scott is now living her life happily in Tennessee with her beloved son and focusing on her recent projects in acting plus creating a podcast show. Besides being an artist, she is a great philanthropist who founded the Blues Babe Foundation with a focus on providing college funds for students in Philadelphia.
For more updates aside from Jill Scott net worth, follow her social media at Instagram and Twitter.