As a well-known actor, producer, and writer, it is not surprising if the estimation of Keegan Michael Key net worth is somewhere around USD8 million.
Furthermore, read this page to know more about the sources of Key’s net worth.
|Stage Name||Keegan Michael Key|
|Legal Name||Keegan Michael Key|
|Date of Birth||22 March 1971|
|Height||6 ft (185 cm)|
|Keegan Michael Key Net Worth||USD8 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||USD1.11 million|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Producer, Writer|
Table of Contents
Basic Information of Keegan Michael Key
Keegan Michael Key is a talented celebrity. Thus, he has ever dedicated his skill to acting, writing, and producing work in the entertainment industry.
Recently, he also played one of the most popular male characters of Netflix’s comedy series “Friends from College”.
In addition, the series aired between 2017 and 2019.
Further, in this two-season series, Keegan Michael Key played a role of an award-winning fiction writer. Then, it prompted him to begin his writing work for the audiences of young adult fiction.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: His full name is also similar to his stage name which is Keegan Michael Key.
- Date of Birth: This winner of the George Foster Peabody Awards was born on 22 March 1971. Hence, he is currently in his early 50s.
- Gender & Height: Keegan Michael Key is a male actor who is 6 ft (185 cm), whereas he weighs 165 lbs (72 kg).
- Nationality: Keegan Michael Key was born to a white mother and black father in Southfield, Michigan, United States, and he is presently an American.
- Best Known for:
- Firstly, starring in “Key & Peele”, a Comedy Central sketch series is what makes Keegan Michael Key net worth start to grow bigger.
- Furthermore, through this series, Key was recognized for his amazing talent as a comedian to make every group of age laugh as well.
Journey of Keegan Michael Key
Indeed, Keegan was adopted by Patricia Walsh and Michael Key from his biological parents that are Carrie Herr and Leroy McDuffie.
Similar to his birth parents, Keegan’s adoptive mother and father are also a white woman and a black man.
Meanwhile, Dwayne McDuffie who was a comic book writer is Keegan’s half-brother from his biological dad.
Additionally, Key mostly spend his childhood in his hometown and has an enjoyable family background.
Although he has to struggle to compete with many talented actors in his early career, it does not stop Keegan Michael Key net worth to flourish.
Instead of being hesitant, Keegan Michael Key turned out to be a stronger person. Subsequently, he works hard for his dream.
Education and Personal Life
Before Keegan Michael Key net worth can grow as much as today, he took a bachelor’s degree in theater at the University of Detroit Mercy.
After that, he graduated in 1993.
Additionally, three years later, Keegan Michael Key graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a Master’s Degree of Fine Arts majoring in theater.
Keegan Michael Key is a faithful Christian and has also practiced Buddhism. Thus, he often uses his condition as a biracial person as material for his comedy.
Moreover, his wife is Elisa Key, a director, and producer whom he married on 8 June 2018 in New York City.
Before getting married to Elisa, Keegan was in a marriage relationship with Cynthia Blaise from 1998 to 2017.
However, they got separated in 2015 but divorced legally two years later.
Keegan Michael Key’s Career
Different from his complicated past marriage, Keegan Michael Key net worth seems to keep growing slowly but surely as his career goes up.
Likewise, in 2012, he met his former comedy partner on Mad TV, Jordan Peele, and began their sketch series together.
Then, Key & Peele last for five seasons as the last episode was in early September 2015. After that, both of them starred in an episode of Epic Rap Battles of History.
Further, Keegan Michael Key acted as Mahatma Gandhi, whereas Peele became Martin Luther King Jr.
Keegan Michael Key acting career
Although he mostly received supporting roles in some movies, Keegan Michael Key net worth from his acting career is still promising.
In addition, he played a noteworthy character in “Tomorrowland”, “Pitch Perfect 2”, “The Predator”, and “Let’s Be Cops”.
Indeed, his work as a producer is probably not as prominent as his acting career since Key’s most notable project was when he co-created the sketch series of the Comedy Central “Key & Peele”.
Awards & Nominations
Key has received two awards and more than 20 nominations throughout his career in the entertainment industry.
Besides, he won the Best Actor for Teacher of the Year in 2014 at the Chicago Comedy Film Festival.
In addition, he was nominated in the same year as the “Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series” for his work on Key & Peele.
Meanwhile, as a voice actor, Key got the nomination for his role in Supermansion in 2016 as the “Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance.”
Keegan Michael Key Net worth
Indeed, this voice actor of favorite musical drama like “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” and “The Lion King” has around USD8 million of net worth.
Since he has more than 100 credits in films and series as an actor, it is no wonder if Keegan Michael Key net worth can be this big.
- Businesses: Meanwhile, Keegan Michael Key seemed to have ventured into cryptocurrency and stock investment as he was reported to discuss them several times.
- Real estate: Recently Key was reported to sell his striking apartment in New York City for USD5 million.
- Vehicles: Unfortunately, Keegan Michael Key net worth that is publicly available does not indicate his car or yacht ownership.
- Moreover, to achieve a total estimated net worth of more than seven million dollars; Key’s salary is around USD1.11 million.
- Money Sources:
- Indeed, Keegan Michael Key has been making his wealth from his acting work in TV series and films. He is also a prominent comedian.
- Besides, he has voice-acting roles as well for some animated movies.
Is Keegan Michael Key Exit now?
Keegan Michael Key will still appear on both big and small screens in the upcoming years. Otherwise, his comedy partner, Jordan Peele, has confirmed to retire from the acting industry since 2018.
Still, this versatile celebrity continues to work as a great actor and comedian right now. So, the source of Keegan Michael Key net worth shortly will still come from his acting work.