Andrew McCarthy net worth is considerably high as a notable actor and director. Starting his career as a teen, he has explored a lot in the film industry.
Recently, Andrew McCarthy is also popular for his recurring role in “Good Girls” and his successful writing career.
|Stage Name||Andrew McCarthy|
|Legal Name||Andrew Thomas McCarthy|
|Date of Birth||29 November 1962|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (175 cm)|
|Andrew McCarthy Net Worth||USD15 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||USD1.9 million|
|Profession||Travel Writer, Actor, and Director|
Table of Contents
Andrew McCarthy Biography
People first recognized Andrew McCarthy when he became a popular member of “Brat Pack” and for his other well-known movies subsequently.
Now, people also started to know him as a writer of the memoir regarding his group of “Brat Pack” and the prominent TV series he directed.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: His parents named him Andrew Thomas McCarthy, but the public mostly knows him for his stage name, Andrew McCarthy.
- Date of Birth: Andrew’s birthday is on 29 November. Hence, he is currently in his 60s as he was born in 1962.
- Gender & Height: Andrew McCarthy is 5 ft 8 in (175 cm) tall, whereas his weight is 154 lbs (70kg). Then, he is a man who was raised along with three brothers.
- Nationality: Westfield, New Jersey is where Andrew was born and he becomes an American.
- What is Andrew McCarthy Best Known for?
- Firstly, Andrew McCarthy net worth and popularity started to boost when he became a member of the Brat Pack.
- He then received continuous fame for his role in other well-known films. For instance, his movies were “Less Than Zero”, “St. Elmo’s Fire”, and “Pretty in Pink”.
Early Journey of Andrew McCarthy
Spending his childhood in Westfield, Andrew McCarthy and his family moved to Bernardsville, New Jersey during his teenage life.
Furthermore, as a teen, Andrew already got his first acting work in “Oliver!” where he played the role of the Artful Dodger.
Despite his brilliant career, 12-year-old Andrew struggled with alcohol abuse. However, he could manage to stay sober after attending and finishing a detox program in 1992.
- He took his high school as well as a preparatory academy in Bernardsville. After Andrew was graduated, he then continued his study at New York University.
- However, Andrew decided to drop out of the university after two years of study.
- Personal life:
- Before Andrew McCarthy net worth is as great as today, he dated Carol Schneider in his college life and decided to find her again in the 1990s.
- Then, Andrew and Carol married in 1999 with one child who was born in 2002. However, the couple decided to divorce three years after the kid was born.
- Additionally, in 2011, Andrew married Dolores Rice who is a writer. After that, they were blessed with two kids.
Andrew McCarthy’s Career
Firstly, his professional career as an actor began when he played in the comedy film “Class” along with Jacqueline Bisset at the beginning of the 1980s.
Andrew McCarthy and some other actors who called themselves “Brat Pack” then played in movies together, including “Pretty in Pink” and “St. Elmo’s Fire”.
Andrew McCarthy acting career
In addition, he continued to take a role in a variety of movies. For example, one of them was “Heaven Help Us” in 1985.
Further, in this movie, he played alongside Matt Dillon and Donald Sutherland.
Andrew McCarthy net worth continued to grow throughout the late 80s as he starred in many popular films.
For instance, his popular movies were “Kansas”, “Fresh Horses”, and “Weekend at Bernie’s”.
Meanwhile, at the same period, a notable movie “The Boys of Winter” was released, marking Andrew’s debut on Broadway.
Film director career
As a director, his work “Orange Is the New Black” is probably the one that most people recognize. Thereupon, this series is a winner of the Emmy Award.
Furthermore, instead of directing films, Andrew McCarthy is more popular for his work in various TV series and shows where he has directed around 100 hours of them.
TV series Andrew McCarthy produced
Andrew appeared in a lot of TV series including “The Sight” and “The Secret Life of Zoey” throughout the 2000s.
Afterward, he started to direct his own shows as well.
For example, “Neighborhood Watch”, “The Blacklist”, and “Gossip Girl” are among the TV shows that he directed.
Awards & Nominations
Indeed, this actor of TV series like “Lipstick Jungle”, “Law and Order”, and “Kingdom Hospital” has won several awards throughout his career.
Likewise, he won the “Best Actor” in Fantafestival for his role in “Mannequin” in 1987.
Moreover, his film entitled “News for the Church” also won Grand Prize for the “Best Short Film” in two international film festivals.
Andrew McCarthy Net worth
Additionally, with Andrew McCarthy net worth of around USD15 million, his wealth must be in the form of many assets, including real estate and luxury vehicles.
- Net worth from Businesses: Although the amount of Andrew McCarthy net worth is pretty high, there is no further information about his investment or business outside his work in the film industry.
- Real estate:
- Meanwhile, a report stated that Andrew McCarthy sold his 161-year-old Manhattan townhome in 2005 for USD3.25 million.
- This luxurious townhouse still comes with its original mantles and moldings.
- It also has more than five wood-burning fireplaces, high ceilings, a highly spacious master bedroom on the fourth floor, and a large garden.
- Considering the amount of Andrew McCarthy net worth, he must also have some luxury vehicles in his garage.
- Then, Andrew McCarthy was ever spotted driving a new Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible in Manhattan years ago, but there is no exact information of his car or vehicle ownership right now.
- Annual Income: Indeed, his estimated annual income is around USD1.9 million from his acting, directing, and writing work.
- How does Andrew McCarthy make money?
- Aside from making money through his acting career, Andrew McCarthy net worth has also grown up due to his writing work.
- Besides, Andrew McCarthy has written several magazines. For example, “National Geographic Traveler” is one of them.
- Meanwhile, he published a bunch of books as well.
What Is Andrew McCarthy Job Now?
Still, he is not yet retired and is currently active as an actor, travel writer, and television director.
Additionally, in 2017, Andrew McCarthy even published “Just Fly Away”. Then, it was a best-selling novel that portrays the life story of Lucy Willows.
Currently, Andrew McCarthy mostly enjoys his movie and TV work behind the camera as a director instead of participating as an actor.
Therefore, you can expect Andrew McCarthy net worth to whoop from time to time due to his terrific works in the film industry.