Debbie Allen is a dazzling Hollywood star with versatility as an actress, dancer, choreographer, producer, and director.
|Stage Name||Debbie Allen|
|Legal Name||Deborah Kaye Allen|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1950|
|Height||5’2″ (1.57 m)|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||–|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Choreographer, Producer & Director|
Keep reading this article for further reports about Debbie Allen net worth and her journey in Hollywood since the 70s.
Table of Contents
Debbie Allen Personal Identity
Prior to the discussion of Debbie Allen net worth, take a quick look at her brief biography.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Deborah Kaye Allen is a star who is famously known as Debbie Allen.
- Date of Birth: Born on January 16, the 72-year-old American actress is originally from Houston, TX.
- Gender & Height: Debbie is a female artist with a height of 1.57 m.
- Nationality: Debbie Allen is a Citizen of the United States of America.
- Best Known for:
- The multi-talented artist is exceptionally popular as a star in the TV Series Fame which appeared for five years since 1982.
- This is the project that made Deborrah Kaye Allen receive more appraisals and accolades.
Early Days of Debbie Allen
Debbie Allen’s parents are a dentist named Arthur Allen and a Pulitzer-winner named Vivian Ayers. Debbie had other siblings and one of them is also an actress named Phylicia Rashad.
Debbie Allen began to dance at three years old and she attended dance classes two years later. Unfortunately, Arthur and Vivian divorced which later put Vivian in the main role of taking care of Debbie and others.
For a moment the family lived in Mexico before they came back to Texas where Allen joined the audition of Houston Ballet School. Alas, she was rejected because of her skin color and the fact it was still hard to fight against racism. However, somebody saw Allen’s talents and let her stay in the program before she faced another adversity at age sixteen. Her application for the North Carolina School of the Arts was denied and she attended another school.
- It was a hard time for Debbie Allen and other dancers to faced racism right before their eyes.
- As a smart young woman that focused on her academic life, Allen attended Howard University to study drama and graduate with honor in Cum Laude.
- Long story short, this experience took her to Broadway straight ahead.
- Personal life:
- Debbie Allen married her first spouse, Win Wilford for eight years until 1983.
- Her current marital status is married to a man named Norm Nixon, who is well-known as a former NBA player.
- The couple is still together up to this day and they had three offspring named DeVaughn Nixon, Norman Ellard Nixon, and Vivian Nichole Nixon. That’s all the details regarding Allen’s family life.
Debbie Allen’s Career
It is not possible to explain Debbie Allen net worth without sharing her career journey. Allen’s career started way back in the early 70s on Broadway. Her first theatre role was in Raisin, Truckload, and Ain’t Misbehavin. Her breakthrough performance was as the beautiful Anita in a Broadway version of West Side Story, which brought her to winning a Drama Desk Award and nominating in the prestigious Tony Award.
Debbie Allen Dancing Career
The versatility of Debbie Allen is shown by her multiple talents. Yet, Dancing is something exquisite that she was meant to do since the beginning. Besides showing her acting, she is also the lead choreographer for the series and movie Fame.
After taking a break from acting, she worked full-time as a choreographer, director, and producer of A Different World. Further, Allen joined the productions of the Academy Award Show for ten consecutive years alongside being the choreographer of Motown’s 25th Anniversary Special.
Debbie Allen’s career in dancing is undoubtedly spectacular. After decades of a career as a dancer and choreographer, she creates Debbie Allen Dance Academy to provide the best guidance and training for all the young dancers out there.
Debbie Allen Acting Career
Before receiving her Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1991, the year 1976 was the start of Debbie Allen’s appearance in the TV Show Good Times. It was followed by 3 Girls 3, Roots: The Next Generation, and a movie The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. One of Debbie Allen’s most acclaimed works is the film and TV series titled Fame. Aside from these projects, there are still long lists of Allen’s movies and series.
Debbie Allen Music Career
The long list of Debbie Allen’s resume does not stop there. Besides dancing and acting, she also created two studio albums titled Sweet Charity and Special Look.
Awards & Nominations
As the first black woman who triumphantly honored with Golden Globe Award for category Best Actress in a TV Series – Musical or Comedy, these are some of the lists of Debbie Allen’s accolades:
- Recipient of Governor’s Award in 2021
- Recipient of Kennedy Center Honors in 2020
- Four-time Primetime Emmy winner (16 Nominations in total)
- One time Golden Globe winner (3 Nominations in total)
- One-time Image Awards (4 Nominations in total)
- PGA Awards (2 Time nominee and won one of them)
Within the number of achievements she received and the works she has done, no wonder Debbie Allen net worth is considered great.
Debbie Allen Net Worth
Debbie Allen net worth is reaching $4 million.
- Businesses: There is no report whether or not there are investments and businesses that put up with Debbie Allen net worth or wealth.
- Real estate: No official details of properties investment that put up to Debbie Allen net worth.
- Sport Cars: The information of Debbie Allen net worth or ownership in cars or vehicles is unavailable.
- Salary: The information of Debbie Allen net worth or salary per year is unknown.
- How does Debbie Allen make money?
- Debbie Allen net worth comes from her projects and contracts as an actress, dancer, choreographer, producer, and director.
- Although Allen has been working for many years, she is presently more focused as the executive director.
Debbie Allen Husband Net Worth
In addition to Debbie Allen net worth, her husband’s income is reckoned to be around $10 million. Norm Nixon’s net worth or total wealth mainly comes from his work during his NBA days as a professional basketball player. Nixon joined the NBA from 1977 until 1989.
Debbie Allen Is Not Retired Yet
Debbie is not retired at the moment. Moreover, she is showing her energy in acting, as for last year she still acting in TV Series S.W.A.T as well as doing multiple jobs as a director, executive producer, and actress in Grey’s Anatomy.
Debbie Allen is living her wholesome life with the family and presently preparing her upcoming projects as an actress and producer. You can visit her social media for more updates on her personal life.
This is the end of an article that discusses Debbie Allen’s net worth, salary, or income, alongside details about her journey and early life before Hollywood.