Have you been looking for information about Betty Broderick? What is Betty Broderick net worth? Is Betty Broderick still alive? We share some of the most important information about her below.
|Stage name||Betty Broderick|
|Legal name||Elisabeth Anne Bisceglia|
|Date of birth||November 5, 1989|
|Betty Broderick net worth||0|
|Sallary/earning/income per year||–|
Lets Know More About Betty Broderick
Betty Broderick is in many ways an average housewife. However, she became infamous after being arrested for the murder of her ex-husband and second wife. This incident occurred on November 5, 1989.
After this murder case, Betty Broderick was sentenced to 32 years in prison. Many people sympathize with this case because she killed her new husband and wife after discovering an extramarital affair.
With the rise of this case, people are just as interested in Betty Broderick net worth. You can find all the information related to her, including biography and interesting facts about her, in this article.
- Legal name & stage name:
- Betty Broderick is actually Elisabeth Anne Bisceglia.
- Her name became Betty Broderick, however, because she is married to Daniel Broderick.
- Date of Birth:
- This woman was born on November 7, 1947 in Eastchester, New York, United States.
- Gender & Height:
- Betty Broderick is female with a height of about 5’7” (170 cm).
- This woman is American.
Before discussing Betty Broderick net worth, we will discuss why she is known.
Betty Broderick is known for murdering her husband, Daniel T Broderick III, and his second wife, Linda Broderick. This murder incident occurred on November 5, 1989.
Betty Broderick’s husband had an affair with Linda Broderick until they both divorced. Linda is a paralegal employed by Daniel. However, in 1983 they had an affair.
As a result of these incidents, Daniel and Betty divorced and custody of the kids fell to Daniel. Apparently after that incident, Betty became an aggressive person. She even destroyed Daniel’s house when she found out that Linda married him.
7 months after they got married, something drove Betty to sneak into their house late at night where she shot the couple while they were sleeping.
Elizabeth Anne Bisceglia, also known as Betty Broderick, is an ethnic Caucasian who was born in 1947. She has six siblings.
Both of Betty’s parents were conservative thinkers. Her childhood was filled with messages that she should be a housewife. In spite of this, she still attended Eastchester High School.
- Betty Broderick’s Educational Background
Betty Broderick completed her studies at Maria Regina High School and Eastchester High School before moving on to the College of Mount Saint Vincent.
She had a degree from a women’s Catholic school in the Bronx. She majored in early childhood education.
She also has experience in English and earned her degree through an accelerated program.
Betty Broderick married Daniel Broderick in 1969. They had their first child, Kim Broderick, in 1970 & their second, Lee Broderick, in 1971.
In 1979, the couple welcomed their third and fourth children, Daniel Broderick and Rhett Broderick.
However, on 1989, the couple officially divorced. This was caused by the husband having an affair with his own assistant. Since this divorce, Betty has become less stable. It destroys anything and she even crashed into his ex-husband’s house.
This affair and divorce made Betty hate her ex-husband so much and finally decided to kill them both.
It is this story that makes people search for Betty Broderick net worth.
Husband & Children
Betty married Daniel in 1969. Daniel holds a medical degree from Cornell University and a law degree from Harvard Law School. This means that he has a lot of experience in the fields of medicine and law which companies may be interested in.
When Daniel got his first job they moved to Coral Reef, Betty continued with her part-time or contract work. As Daniel’s salary increased steadily, Betty chose to focus on the most important thing in her life – being a good parent.
Betty and Daniel Broderick had four children: Kim Broderick, Lee Broderick, Daniel Broderick IV, and Rheet Broderick.
Betty Broderick is a housewife by profession and she does such an amazing job with the house and her four children. She’s also a great role model because she worked hard to be able to care for and raise her kids.
Betty Broderick first became a public figure after she was featured on Oprah Winfrey, Hard Copy, Headliners and Legends and 20/20. She’s also been the subject of four books that inspired many people who went through similar ordeals to find hope.
Does Betty Broderick’s rich history of her career, income made from her life story that is turned into books and films contribute to Betty Broderick net worth of millions of dollars?
Betty Croderick Net Worth
How much is Betty Broderick net worth?
Betty Broderick net worth pre-prison was $50,000. However, she has no steady income because she’s unemployed. Her only job is being a housewife.
However, Betty Broderick net worth ran out when she went to prison. This is because she was a stay at home mom without any outside income.
Betty Broderick will not inherit any money from her ex-husband on account of him being killed by her. All of Daniel Broderick’s property, house and personal investments worth $1.6 million will be distributed to his children.
Based on this information it can be concluded that Betty Broderick net worth while imprisoned is $0 or that she has no assets at all. Additionally, she doesn’t seem to have any investments.
The money made from contract work on the murder story of Betty Broderick is owned by the author and his children, who tell the story of their mother’s murder. So, Betty Broderick net worth is practically non-existent.
Facts of Betty Broderick
After looking up Betty Broderick net worth, here are some facts about her.
- Betty Broderick apparently felt so betrayed by her ex-husband that she wanted to kill herself in front of him. To do this, she went to her ex-husband’s house. But he got home first and shot his new wife and ex-husband while they were sleeping
- Betty is serving a 32-year prison sentence at the Chowchilla Women’s Prison in California.
- The true story of this murder has been adapted into a TV series called “Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story”
- The character Betty is played by Meredith Baxter. This role brought Meredith an Emmy award.
- One of the most famous biographies about Betty was written by Loretta Schwartz in 1993, called “Forsaking All Others: The Real Betty Broderick Story.”
- Betty’s three children, Kim, Daniel, and Rhett are married now and they have a happy family.
- Rhett was also interviewed by Oprah
- The four children of Betty also often visit their mother in prison on her birthday and on Mother’s Day.
- In 2014, Kim released a book entitled Betty Broderick, My Mom. It tells the story of how four siblings dealt with their mother’s problem.
- Betty is not tied to any contracts that would keep her from broadcasting or publishing stories about some of the atrocities she has committed.
- Even though Betty applied for parole in 2010, the court denied her request because psychologists claimed she did not regret what she had done.
- In 2017, she applied for parole again but was still denied. She could apply for parole again in 2032.
- No net worth for Betty Broderick as all her ex’s inheritance goes to her children, as well as money from films and books about the story. Everything belongs to Kim Broderick who wrote the story.
That was a biography about Betty Broderick, with some interesting facts and an estimate of Betty Broderick net worth. Let this article satisfy your curiosity if you want to know how much Betty Broderick net worth is at the moment.