Working as an artist in television will undoubtedly provide you with a great income – it’s such a popular form of entertainment. One famous senior actor that pops into my head is Sam Waterston.
After starring for years on the hit American TV show, Sam Waterston net worth is quite a fortune. His decades-long career has created some impressive income streams, so now he enjoys living his wealth the way he wants to.
|Stage Name||Sam Waterston|
|Legal name||Samuel Atkinson Waterston|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1940|
|Net worth||$20 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$2,000,000 – $6,000,000 per year|
Lets Know More About Sam Waterston
Sam Waterston is a senior actor who is mostly famous for appearing in Woody Allen films. Aside from that, he also became the main character of Law & Order as Jack McCoy. Sam Waterston has also starred in a number of other TV and film productions, including The Killing Fields, The Great Gatsby, Godless, Newsroom and others. That is why Sam Waterston net worth reaches $20 million.
- Legal Name & Stage Name:
- This senior actor’s full name is Samuel Atkinson Waterston, but in the television world he is better known with shorter name as Sam Waterston.
- Date of Birth:
- He’s a senior actor, born on November 15, 1940 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America.
- His long-time works have entertained viewers for a number of years. Sam Waterston is now 81 years old.
- Gender & Height:
- Sam Waterston is a successful male actor, producer and director.
- He has an impressive height of 6′ 1″ and weights about 158 lbs.
- Born and raised in the USA, the senior actor’s Sam Waterston obviously American.
- Sam was born to parents who both teach. His father is George Chychele and his mother Alice Tucker.
- What Is Sam Waterston Best Known For?
- From a young age, Sam Waterston suffered from stuttering.
- He was persistent though and had an impressive career – starring in more than 80 productions both films and TV.
- One thing you can learn from him is persistence: he never gave up on his dream of being a success.
Without a doubt, Sam Waterston has amassed a great following amongst fans because he is a talented actor. His dedication to this profession started from when he was a child – before becoming an actor, he was majoring in acting. What’s more, Sam’s parents are both teachers and painters which has led him to have built an identity for himself as an artist.
Leaving the discussion of Sam Waterston net worth, we’ll now take a closer look at his education and how he got some of that money. He went on to graduate from high school and then went to Yale University in order to study acting. In 1962, he graduated from there with a degree in theatre arts.
- Personal Life
Aside from Sam Waterston net worth, his personal life is probably a major topic of interest for both his audience and fans. After he divorced Barbara Rutledge John in 1975, he married again.
Sam now has a second wife named Lynn Lou Woodruff and they have 3 children. He also has a son from his first marriage.
Behind such a massive Sam Waterston net worth, it’s no wonder that he’s been able to dabble in various types of work contract. Apart from acting for a long time, Sam Waterston is also a producer and director for television and voice actor.
Awards & Nominations
One of Sam Waterston net worth is the fact that he has won many awards for his achievements. Here are some nominations & awards Sam Waterston has received in the past few years alone. The list shows his relentless effort over the last couple of decades.
- Nominated at Tony Awards, BAFTA Emmys, Drama Desk Awards, Outer Critics Circle Awards, Academy Awards and others
- Win the Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards and more
- Successfully earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame
Sam Waterston Net Worth
Thanks to the latest data obtained, it’s been found that Sam Waterston net worth is over 20 million USD. This senior actor’s income per episode range from 10,000 to 100,000 USD.
Now that you’re done talking about Sam Waterston net worth, why don’t you talk about his business wealth? Sam Waterston is very active in the activist community. He’s a board member for an organization called Oceana. And because of his work, Sam’s earned himself an award for supporting refugees worldwide.
- Real Estate
Since receiving a star on the Walk of Fame in 2010, Sam has grown to become much more popular. With this, Sam Waterston net worth has rise. He now owns a luxury home with an elegant design. However, not much information is given about how he obtained it or what else investment he may own.
It should come as no surprise that Sam Waterston net worth is high which means he could easily buy a lavish car for his investment. Sadly, there is not a lot of information available online about what other cars he might currently own.
How Much Sam Waterston Make per Year?
We looked into Sam Waterston net worth and were pretty astonished by the total amount he got from box office for his films. The following is the estimated annual income or salary obtained by Sam Waterston which makes Sam Waterston net worth high.
- 2016: earned 9 million USD from Box Office sales
- 2012: earn 65K USD per episode from TV Show
- 2010: earn 2.5 million USD per episode of TV Series
- 2003: earned 12.9 million USD from Box Office sales
- 1997: earned 2 thousand USD from Box Office sales
- 1995: earned 34 million USD from Box Office sales
- 1994: earned 7.8 million USD from Box Office sales
- And others
How Does Sam Waterston Make Money?
Actor Sam Waterston has been in the entertainment industry for decades and has built up a solid reputation for himself. He is known to get an annual salary of $65,000 per episode that he plays on television. Sam started his career in the early days of live theater contract, which led into film work. He’s worked on movies dating back to the late 70’s to 80’s.
Present Days Activities
Unfortunately, there is no further information about this topic. But based on Sam’s age at the time of retiring, 81 years old, he might have simply phased out his acting career over time without saying much.
Sam Waterston has been acting for over 30 years, not only playing a role in the Netflix series, but also being active in the entertainment world. However, he is also an activist. In 2019, he and Jane Fonda were arrested for holding protest signs at Washington, D.C.
Sam Waterston is quite active as an activist and commentator on current political issues. He’s involved in many organizations and has remained so up to this day.