Paul Gladney or Paul Mooney is the late great comedian-actor from America who unfortunately passed away in May 2021 due to a heart attack. Paul Mooney net worth at the time of his death is estimated at around USD 500.000.
|Date of Birth
|August 4, 1941
|6′ 0½” (1.84 m)
|Salary / earning / income per year
|Comedian, Actor, & Writer
If you are curious about Paul Mooney net worth, salary, and journey as a legendary comedian, keep reading this article until the end!
Who is Paul Mooney?
Before we look closer into Paul Mooney net worth or total wealth, let’s take a trip down memory lane to remember his brief biography.
- The late great Paul Gladney is better known as Paul Mooney for his stage name.
- Mooney was born in 1941 and used to celebrate his birthday every August 4, which made his zodiac sign Leo.
- The male comedian Paul Mooney height was 1.84 m.
- American Nationality.
- Paul Mooney may be one of the most popular comedians. However, Mooney is best known for his comedy albums, his work as a writer for several shows, and his collaborations with Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, as well as Redd Foxx.
Personal life of Paul Mooney
Mooney was born in Louisiana to parents LaVoya Ealy and George Gladney. There are not many details to tell about his early life, except the fact that he was inspired by the legendary 1930s actor Paul Muni and decided to used the name Mooney instead of Gladney. He went to Berkeley High School.
Paul Mooney might be considered as one of the most private figures in Hollywood when it comes to his personal life. There is not many people know the fact that he was married to a woman several decades ago. It was all coming back to the early ’70s when he tied the knot with an actress and model named Yvonne Mooney. Although the marriage ended after a few years, the couple managed to have five offspring before Mooney married another woman, whose identity is undisclosed. Regardless, Mooney’s marital status at the time of his death is unmarried.
Paul Mooney’s Career
Paul Mooney has found interest in performing comical acts and writing jokes ever since he performed ringmaster at the beginning. Long story short, his dream come true and fortunately he earned the chance to write for Richard Pryor’s performance in Saturday Night Live (SNL). This was the turning point that changed Paul Mooney’s life.
In addition to his renowned comedy career, Paul Mooney published a book titled Black Is The New White in 2007. The foreword of the book was written by the famous Dave Chappelle, who also paid tribute during Mooney’s death last year. Chappelle truly appreciates and honors everything Mooney does as a black comedian who paved the way for others. This is also proven by the fact that Mooney was a part of the first and earliest Black writers to ever admitted to the Writers Guild.
- Paul Mooney Comedy Career. Besides SNL, Mooney also wrote Richard Pryor’s appearances in The Richard Pryor Show, Bicentennial Nigger, and Live on the Sunset Strip. Further, he contributes to writing Redd Foxx’s Good Times and Sanford and Son, etc.
- Paul Mooney Acting Career. As for his acting career, Paul shows his skill in Bustin’ Loose, Hollywood Shuffle, The Buddy Holly Story, Bamboozled, Which Way Is Up? and more lists followed.
- Paul Mooney TV Career. Paul Mooney made appearances for television shows like Good Times, The Larry Sanders Show, Judge Mooney, Chapelle’s Show, and also wrote for other television shows, including The Uptown Comedy Club, The Marsha Warfield Show, In Living Color, The Roseanne Show, etc.
- Awards & Nominations. Paul Mooney was a one-time nominee of 1985 Daytime Emmy with the category Outstanding Writing in a Children’s Series for Pryor’s Place. He shared this nomination with S.S. Schweitzer, Mark Evanier, and Lorne Frohman.
Paul Mooney Net Worth
At the time of his death on May 19, 2021, Paul Mooney net worth or the accumulation of his income is reckoned to be USD 500.000.
After looking back into his professional career journey, we are now proceeding to look deeper into the details of Paul Mooney net worth.
How does Paul Mooney make money?
Mooney is considered one of the legendary entertainers who managed to have a sustainable career for approximately five decades. Starting in the ’60s, the majority source of Paul Mooney net worth comes from his work as an actor, stand-up comedian, and television shows writer. Mooney also has had numerous contracts, partnerships, and collaborations throughout his entire career.
What is Paul Mooney doing now?
Paul Mooney has been inactive from his work as an entertainer since 2017 before he passed away four years after that.
The year 2021 was one of the hardest moments for all of us to witness many wonderful figures pass away due to Covid-19 or other reasons. Regrettably, the actor-comedian and social critic Paul Mooney is one of the remarkable figures who no longer live with us in this world. Nevertheless, his legacy in the entertainment industry as a legendary comedian is always inspiring today’s entertainers.
This section marked the end of an article that discusses Paul Mooney net worth, income, or salary, and everything you need to know surrounding his professional career journey in the entertainment world.