Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /srv/users/nuordertech/apps/nuordertech/public/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-thumbnails/related-posts-thumbnails.php on line 831
Known for his great achievements in the movie industry, it is no wonder that Sir Michael Caine Net Worth reaches eight figures after more than seven decades of working.
The actor who played Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler in The Dark Night Trilogy, had started his career in 1950. This year marks his 72nd year in the film industry.
Are you eager to know how much Michael Caine Net Worth is as of now? Read on and find the answer below.
|Stage Name||Sir Michael Caine|
|Legal Name||Maurice Joseph Micklewhite Jr.|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1933|
|Height||6′ 2″ (1.88 m)|
|Net worth||$80 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$740,000|
Michael Caine Private Information
Before we jump into further discussion on Michael Caine Net Worth, let’s take a step back to know his background profile.
- Legal Name & stage name: Although he is known better as Michael Caine, the actor was born Maurice Joseph Micklewhite Jr.
- Date of Birth: The star of Tenet (2020) was born on March 14, 1933.
- Gender & Height: Michael Caine is a 6′ 2″ (1.88 m) male.
- Nationality: Like the roles that he often portrayed in the movies he starred in, Michael Caine is British.
- Best Known for:
- Michael Caine net worth came mostly from his works both in big-budgeted films and independent small ones.
- He is mostly known to portray a Cockney, a British working or middle-lower class from London.
- A few of his most famous movies are Alfie (1966), Educating Rita (1983), and some of Christoper Nolan’s masterpieces, like The Prestige (2006) and Inception (2010).
Michael Caine Previous Days
Born in a very modest family, Michael Caine is a son of a cook and charwoman named Ellen Frances Marie Burchell and a fish market porter named Maurice Joseph Micklewhite Sr. He was an English and Irish descent who grew up among Protestants in his mother’s side of family.
- Michael Caine went to The Grocers’ Company School, now Hackney Downs School, with a scholarship.
- However, after a year he transferred to Wilson’s School in Wallington, previously Wilson’s Grammar School in Camberwell.
- Upon attaining a School Certificate from six subjects, he left the school at 16 years old.
- From then on, he started working various jobs to make ends meet.
- Personal life:
- Michael Caine had previously married Patricia Haines in 1955 and the couple separated seven years later in 1962. Their daughter, Dominique, was named after the central character of a novel by Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead.
- Since 1973, Michael Caine has been married to Shakira Baksh and together they welcome their only daughter, Natasha Haleema. Although they have different religious faith, as he is a Christian while Shakira Baksh is a Muslim, they maintained a harmonious relationship and marriage.
Michael Caine’s Career
Michael Caine net worth is generated from his lifelong career as an actor. However, he didn’t kick off his acting career right away in his early days.
Do you know that for a brief period Michael Caine had served in the British Army? Michael Caine net worth and popularity from acting might make him belong to the upper class, but like many British youngsters in 1950, he was too obliged to do his national service. During his time serving the country, he was stationed in Britain, West Germany, and also Korea.
Michael Caine acting career
Similar to his previous career before acting, his first movie gig is to portray a private in a platoon in the 1956 movie, A Hill in Korea. Before jumping into movies, he first started in stage acting. During this time at the beginning of his career when he decided to go by Michael Caine, instead of his birth name.
Over the 1960s to the 1980s, Michael Caine continued to star in several television shows and movies.He played the role of a working-class Cockney or a spy in multiple films. In the mid of 1960s, he made an expansion to Hollywood by starring alongside Shirley MacLaine in the movie Gambit in 1966.
Michael Caine net worth keeps accumulating from his works in the industry from the 1990s onward. He played more diverse roles in many film genres, from action to comedy, from modern to colossal movies.
For his many achievements in acting that made him considered as a British cultural icon, Michael Caine was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He chose to be knighted with his birth name, to honor his beloved father.
A few parts of Michael Caine net worth also come from his royalty as a writer. Out of his eventful life and remarkable career, he had written three memoirs that are published throughout different decades. The first book that he wrote was What’s It All About? (1992), followed by The Elephant to Hollywood in 2010, and Blowing the Bloody Doors Off: And Other Lessons in Life (2018).
Michael Caine awards
As a notable actor, Michael Caine has received numerous awards and honors throughout his life. He has been a nominee for Oscar six times in six decades and won twice in 1986 and 1999 as the best supporting actor. He was also nominated and won BAFTA and Golden Globe a few times. Michael Caine net worth is also one of the testaments of his achievements in his career as an actor.
Michael Caine Net worth
After more than seven decades of career, Michael Caine net worth is now estimated to reach around $80 million.
Apart from acting, there are also other contributing factors that added to Michael Caine net worth.
Restaurants, Property and Cars
Michael Caine net worth was also generated from his entrepreneurial endeavor. In the 1990s, he built and grew an empire of restaurants in London areas. Lately, in 2020, the actor established two new restaurants in Cornwall that offer picturesque views and relaxing dining experiences.
As a multimillionaire, Michael Caine net worth also comes from his property ownership. His real estate investment is including his luxurious house in Surrey, which upon its construction cost him £100,000. He also owned several other properties across England, such as in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Suffolk, and London. Michael Caine net worth in the form of real estate is also located in the U.S, one of them is an apartment in Miami Beach, Florida.
Not a big fan of cars and driving, Michael Caine only passed the driving test after he turned 50. However, he collects several cars that also contribute to Michael Caine net worth, including some Fords, Aston Martins, and Rolls-Royces.
- Annual Income: It is estimated that Michael Caine’s annual income is around $740,000.
- Income sources: To sum up, Michael Caine net worth is generated from his contract as an actor and also side businesses.
Is Michael Caine In Jobs These Days?
Michael Caine is still very much active in the industry. His latest movies released in 2021 are Twist and Best Sellers.
Besides being involved in movie production, Michael Caine also participated in charity by donating his stuff to an auction in early 2022.