You may only recognize this figure as an author, poet, and cartoonist. But, you may not know Dr Seuss net worth and his career journey as a writer and political cartoonist.
Therefore, find out a detailed story about Dr. Seuss’s personal life on this page.
|Stage Name||Dr Seuss|
|Legal Name||Theodore Seuss Geisel|
|Date of Birth||2nd March 1904|
|Height||6 feet (183 cm)|
|Net Worth||$75 million|
Table of Contents
Who is Dr Seuss?
Dr. Seuss was a famous children’s author from America. Likewise, he had released more than sixty books. He also worked as a poet and cartoonist.
- The real name of this author was Theodor Seuss Geisel. But, his popular name was Dr. Seuss. Besides, he also had several pen names. For instance, his pen names were Rosetta Stone, Theophrastus Seuss, and Theo LeSieg.
- Theodor Seuss Geisel was born on 2nd March 1904. However, he passed away on 24th September 1991.
- Dr. Seuss was a male. He was 6 feet (183 cm) tall, whereas his weight was 176 lbs (80 kg).
- Since Dr. Seuss was born in Massachusetts, his nationality was American.
What is Dr Seuss Best Known for?
Dr. Seuss was well-known for his writing and illustration works. Then, his books were translated into various languages.
In addition, he was also popular as a political cartoonist. His works were published in Dr Seuss Goes to War.
Since his artworks were very popular, many people are curious about Dr Seuss Net Worth. Moreover, the public also wants to discover how Dr. Seuss achieved his success as an author.
Early Life of Dr Seuss
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield. Then, his parents were Theodor Robert Geisel and Henrietta.
Further, he only had one sibling named Marnie.
Dr. Seuss studied at Dartmouth University. While attending this college, he was caught drinking an alcoholic beverage with his friends.
Subsequently, he was forbidden to take part in all activities in his college.
After this incident, he started using Seuss as his pen name. His professor also asked him to continue writing for the magazine.
Finally, after obtaining a degree from Dartmouth College, he studied at Lincoln College. He obtained a Ph.D. in English Literature.
Dr Seuss got married twice during his life. Firstly, in 1927, he married Helem Palmer. However, his wife died in 1967.
Then, in 1968, he got married to Audrey Stone Diamond. Unfortunately, he did not have any biological children from his marriage.
Dr Seuss’s Career
Firstly, Dr. Seuss began his career as a cartoonist. Then, he tried to write about children. During his career as an author, this man had launched more than 60 books.
Hence, Dr. Seuss can prove that he could be wealthy from being an author. As many of his books were bestsellers, no doubt, the book sales contributed positively to Dr Seuss net worth.
Dr Seuss Military Career
Theodor Seuss Geisel joined World War II. Likewise, in 1943, he joined US Army. While being placed in the animal department, he wrote several pamphlets.
He also created a cartoon series named Private Snafu. This cartoon was published in the Army-Navy Screen Magazine.
Thus, this cartoon work really influenced Dr. Seuss’s career.
His first cartoon work was published in Saturday Evening Post. Additionally, during World War II, Dr. Seuss drew political cartoons for a daily newspaper in his country.
Dr Seuss Books
Dr Seuss had written a lot of children’s books. For example, one of the most popular books was One Fish Two Fish Red Fish.
Meanwhile, another book was Blue Fish and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
In addition, the others were The Cat in the Hat, The Lorax, and Green Eggs and Ham. Moreover, his popular books became bestsellers.
Subsequently, it is not shocking that Dr Seuss net worth was fantastic.
Awards and Accomplishments
Due to his passion, talent, and hard work as an author and illustrator, Dr. Seuss could receive many awards and accomplishments.
Thereupon, he was nominated for Newbury and Caldecott Awards.
Meanwhile, Dartmouth University gave him an honorary doctorate. So, he could add “Dr” in front of his name.
Further, he also received Emmy Awards, Academy Awards, Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal, and Peabody Award.
Dr Seuss Net Worth
Indeed, Dr Seuss net worth was estimated at $75 million. Thus, the main earning was from his job as a writer, poet, cartoonist, and filmmaker.
Furthermore, due to his work and achievement, Dr. Seuss became the most influential author and cartoonist in America.
Likewise, his contribution to literature work is great. As the result, Dr Seuss net worth is undoubtedly amazing.
- Businesses. Nonetheless, Dr Seuss did not run any business when he was alive. Otherwise, after Dr Seuss’s death, his wife, Audrey Geisel established Dr. Seuss Enterprises to market Dr Seuss’ books.
- Real Estate. Moreover, considering Dr Seuss net worth, he must be able to afford any mansion or house he wants. However, the house he owned was not revealed to the public.
- Dr. Seuss’s artwork was offered in the auction many times. Then, the price of artwork varied from $244 to $600.000.
- This author’s death was because of oral cancer when he was 87 years old. Thus, Dr Seuss net worth when he died was $75 million.
- Dr Seuss net worth was accumulated from the books he wrote and the cartoon he drew. Therefore, this author sold more than 600 million copies of his books. Additionally, his book was also adapted to a movie entitled How the Grich Stole Christmas. Afterward, the movie was a box office and it increased Dr Seuss net worth.
- Firstly, the initial edition of Dr Seuss books value ranged from $250 to $12.000. Otherwise, the price of this stamp is ranging from $15 up to $25 now.
- Additionally, in 2004, USPS issued Dr Seuss stamp valued at 37 cents.
- Indeed, Dr Seuss’s autograph was offered between $100 up to $150.
Dr Seuss retired when his health condition was getting worse.This author died in 1991 because of oral cancer.