Known for her hit single Electric Youth, Debbie Gibson net worth and popularity is proof of her success in the music industry.
She is also known to venture into other fields of entertainment in the past few years, such as acting in television shows, independent movies, and Broadway musicals.
Read on to find more facts about Debbie Gibson net worth and her journey to success.
|Stage Name||Debbie Gibson|
|Legal Name||Deborah Ann Gibson|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1970|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Net worth||$2 million – $6 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$400,000 – $900,000|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, television personality|
Table of Contents
Getting to Know Debbie Gibson
Before we dig deeper to the information surrounding Debbie Gibson net worth, let’s take a quick look first at her basic profile.
- Legal Name & stage name: Born Deborah Ann Gibson, the singer is known better as Debbie Gibson on stage.
- Date of Birth: She was born on August 31, 1970.
- Gender & Height: Debbie Gibson is a 5′ 6″ (1.68 m) female.
- Nationality: The New York native is a U.S. citizen.
- Best Known for?
- Debbie Gibson net worth mostly came from her works in the show business. Not only singing, but she also writes all of her hit singles since her debut in 1987. Her most popular work that most people know is probably her 1989 album Electric Youth.
- Debbie Gibson is one of the most popular female musicians between the 1990s to 2000s. Although she is not as productive as she used to, she still releases new music every now and then.
Beginning of Debbie Gibson
Debbie Gibson came from a considered musical family. Her father, Joseph Gibson, was fond of singing while her mother, Diane Gibson, was also a fan of music herself. Debbie Gibson grew up alongside his two older sisters and a younger sister in Long Island, New York, in suburban Merrick.
- Debbie Gibson attended Sanford H. Calhoun High School in her teenage years.
- Apart from her formal study in school, she also took piano lessons with an American pianist, Morton Estrin.
- Personal life:
- Since 2008, Debbie Gibson has been committed to a long-term companionship with Rutledge Taylor.
- She was previously engaged to Jonathan Kanterman.
Debbie Gibson’s Career
Debbie Gibson net worth probably comes mostly from her career in the music industry. So far, she had released ten studio albums during the span of 3 and a half decades. Her debut album was in 1987, titled Out of the Blue, while the latest album that she produced was The Body Remembers (2021).
Besides singing, Debbie Gibson also wrote her own songs since the beginning of her career. She had been making her own music from a garage studio that she built from the prize she got after winning a song composing challenge on a radio. For the composition, she arranged an original composition of I Come From America and recorded it on a cassette, and had it sent to the radio station.
Long before the era of Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, and other young female musicians making their way in the industry at such early age, Debbie Gibson had started it all. She had put her name in the 1988 Guinness Book of World Records as the youngest artist who not only performed a number-one single on Billboard but also wrote and produced it herself.
Debbie Gibson net worth very likely comes from her success as a singer-songwriter.
Before she signed her first contract with Atlantic Records, Debbie Gibson produced her own records in her studio garage. She sent her original demo song Only in My Dreams, to a person who works in a radio who then shared it with an executive at Atlantic Records.
After she joined major recording labels, which helped boost Debbie Gibson net worth, she rarely produced her own song. However, in 2011, she produced another song for a film, Mega Phyton vs. Gatoroid, which song titled Snake Charmer.
Debbie Gibson biggest song
There are many of her songs that made it into the top chart. But the highest-charting one is probably the 1989 hit Electric Youth. The song was one of the four singles from the album Electric Youth. The song is also the seventh single released by Debbie Gibson. It tells the idea of how the youth of her era are perceived by older societies.
Debbie Gibson net worth from the song didn’t stop accumulating in 1989. The song was re-recorded in 2012, titled Electric Youth Reloaded, which features rap parts written and arranged by Jace Hall.
Debbie Gibson acting career
Debbie Gibson net worth also was generated from her acting career. She started her debut on Broadway as early as 1992, in the Les Miserables play. She was then selected to play Grease’s lead female, Sandy, in the West End production in London. Then, over the following years she starred in more Broadway production, such as Grease, Funny Girl, Beauty and the Beast, Gypsy, and Cabaret.
As for her movie debut, it started around the year her Broadway career kicked off. Debbie Gibson starred in the 2009 movie, Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus, which trailer became a viral hit on MTV.com and Youtube. Her recent films are including the two-part Hallmark Channel film, Summer of Dreams and Wedding of Dreams.
Debbie Gibson awards
Debie Gibson awards and nominations are also part of her success, apart from Debbie Gibson net worth. Her most prestigious awards were mostly received between 1988 and 1990. Some of the institutions that nominated her for the awards are Billboard, New York Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and American Music Awards. In 2018, she was named as one of the all-timers top 60 female artists by Billboard.
Debbie Gibson Net worth
There are various sources that mentioned Debbie Gibson net worth. The range of her net worth as of now is between $2 million – $6 million.
- Debbie Gibson net worth also came from her business in the music industry.
- She founded her own record label, Espiritu, after she parted ways with EMI company.
- She also owns Stargirl Records, which released her album The Body Remembers in 2021.
- Real estate:
- With such an amount of wealth, her property and real estate investment are also contributing to Debbie Gibson net worth.
- However, the information regarding the value of her Las Vegas and Hollywood Hills properties is still unclear.
- Income: Debbie Gibson net worth salary is estimated to be around $400,000 – $900,000 per year.
- Money Source: In summary, Debbie Gibson net worth is generated from years of making music and performing.
Does Debbie Gibson Quit The Career
Debbie Gibson is still actively appearing in several tv shows and live performances.
In 2021, Debbie Gibson appeared in one of the episodes of Netflix’s original series Lucifer. She also released a new album in the summer of 2021.