If you want to know Brittney Griner net worth, this article will not only tell you about her assets and salary but also other things related to her life and career.
|Stage Name||Brittney Griner|
|Legal Name||Brittney Yevette Griner|
|Date of Birth||18 October 1990|
|Height||6 ft 7 in (203 cm)|
|Brittney Griner Net Worth||USD3 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||USD107,000|
Personal Information of Brittney Griner
Brittney Griner is an American professional basketball player. Therefore, she ever won an NCAA Championship.
Also, she was declared as the tournament’s Final Four Most Outstanding Player.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Popularly known as Brittney Griner, her legal name is Brittney Yevette Griner.
- Date of Birth: Brittney Griner was born 31 years ago on October 18 in Houston, Texas to Raymond Griner and Sandra Griner.
- Gender & Height: Her height of 6 ft 8 in (203 cm) makes her an outstanding female center. Meanwhile, Griner’s listed weight is 205 lbs (93 kg) and her standing reach is at 9 ft 2 in.
- Nationality: This woman basketball player who wears a men’s US size 17 shoe is of African-American ethnicity and holds an American nationality.
- What is Brittney Griner Best Known for?
- Brittney Griner is the only player of NCAA basketball who blocks 500 shots and scores 2,000 points.
- Thus, it makes her best known for her defensive superior skill and dunks.
Early Life, Education and Personal life
Her early life is probably not as straightforward as how Brittney Griner net worth keeps growing these days.
Subsequently, she was ever kicked out of her parent’s house due to her sexuality and also experienced a tough preparation of her life.
Before Brittney Griner net worth started to grow, she took Nimitz High School which is located in Houston, Texas.
After that, she went to Baylor University majoring in General Studies, and was graduated in 2013.
Brittney Griner has two sisters and a brother. Then, they are namely Shkera Griner, Pier Griner, and Decarlo Griner.
Then, after hearing about her sexuality, her dad kicked Griner out of the house.
Further, she opened up about her sexuality during her freshman year in high school to her mother, but her father found out about this matter in her senior year.
Additionally, this NBWA player married her fellow named Glory Johnson in 2015, but got divorced within a year of their marriage.
Then, Brittney Griner married Cherelle Watson. Indeed, the partner is her fan and someone she met while studying at Baylor University.
Brittney Griner’s Career
When it comes to Brittney Griner net worth, this should be closely related to her successful career as a basketball player.
Likewise, it is no secret that Brittney Griner achieved a lot as a basketball player both individually and as a team.
Furthermore, throughout her career, Griner won the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year four times. Besides, she achieved Mercury All-American and WBCA High School Player of the Year.
Meanwhile, with her team, Brittney Griner has achieved WNBA champion.
In addition, the other achievements that she got with her team were EuroLeague Champion, NCAA Champion, and Russian Cup Winner.
High school career
Firstly, Brittney Griner started to play basketball in high school. Besides, she often practiced with the boys’ team.
She also attempted to develop her leg strength. Hence, she can prepare to learn to dunk with the football coach of Nimitz High School.
Brittney Griner college career
Then, at Baylor University, Brittney Griner played college basketball. After that, she won an NCAA Championship.
Meanwhile, in the WNBA Draft of 2013, the Phoenix Mercury drafted her as the #1 overall pick.
Moreover, when leading Baylor to a 40-0 record in 2012, Griner achieved the AP National Player of the Year.
Brittney Griner pro career
Additionally, in her rookie season with the Phoenix Mercury, Griner’s defensive skill has already been amazing. Thus, she gained a WNBA All-Star.
Afterward, she started to achieve more titles.
US National Team
Besides, another factor that increases Brittney Griner net worth is her appearances in the US National Team.
Likewise, with the team, she has achieved gold in the Olympic Games Rio 2016. Also, this female athlete won Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
She also participated in World Championship with the US National Team to win two gold medals. Further, each happened in the 2014 Turkey and 2018 Spain World Cup.
Brittney Griner Net worth
Furthermore, with a total net worth of USD3 million, Griner’s wealth must be in the form of various assets. For example, those include real estate and vehicles.
- Firstly, Brittney Griner is an athlete.
- Thereupon, she has been receiving the spotlight in sports business circles due to her brilliant skill as a female basketball player.
- Real estate:
- Considering that Brittney Griner net worth is still pretty high, she must have a luxury home or apartment.
- However, unfortunately, this information is not yet available.
- Additionally, she was ever spotted driving in a luxurious red truck on her way to practice in 2013.
- Meanwhile, her dream car is supposed to be Chevrolet Nova Z28.
- Salary: According to Brittney Griner wiki, her base salary is around USD107,000, whereas her average annual income is USD227,900.
- How does Brittney Griner make money?
- Indeed, Brittney Griner net worth keeps increasing as she makes money by playing basketball professionally.
- Aside from playing in the WNBA, she also ever made USD600,000 for her previous three-month contract with a Chinese team.
- Meanwhile, her current three-year contract of USD664,544 with the Phoenix Mercury must play a big role in building up Brittney Griner net worth too.
- Aside from her main work as a basketball player, Griner also makes money through endorsement. For instance, she signed a deal with Nike in 2013.
Brittney Griner Current Activity
Despite hitting her thirties recently, Brittney Griner net worth must keep growing as she is still a scary basketball player for her opponent on the court and she is not retired yet.
What Is Brittney Griner Doing Now?
Brittney Griner currently plays for the Phoenix Mercury as a center. Otherwise, in 2020, she left the basketball field after 12 games due to personal reasons and made a comeback in the 2021 season.
In addition to her primary work, Griner also writes a memoir of her story with Sue Hovey that is entitled ‘In My Skin: My Life On and Off the Basketball Court’.
Therefore, the chance of Brittney Griner net worth to keep increasing through her career in the basketball industry is still wide open.