Bette Midler is the legendary icon of Hollywood for more than a half-century. Starting her career in the glamorous era of the 60s, it is no surprise that with the astonishing amount of Bette Midler net worth, she is considered to be a wealthy star.
|Stage Name||Bette Midler|
|Legal Name||Bette Davis Midler|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1945|
|Height||5′ 1″ (1.55 m)|
|Net Worth||$250 million|
|Salary/earning/income per year||Roughly $4 million|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Author, Film Producer, and Comedian|
Read the article further for more information about Bette Midler net worth, career journey, and personal life.
Bette Midler Personal Information
Before discussing Bette Midler net worth, let’s get to know her short biography.
- Legal Name & Stage Name:
- Bette Davis Midler uses Bette Midler for her stage name.
- As for her nicknames, she occasionally called “The Divine Miss M,” “Bathhouse Betty,” and “The Rose.”
- Date of Birth: She was born in 1945, in Hawaii, US. Bette Midler celebrated her birthday every year on December 1.
- Gender & Height: Bette Midler is a female with a height of 1.55 m.
- Nationality: She is a Citizen of the United States.
- What is Bette Midler Best Known for?
- Bette Midler is best known for her various gifts and talents as an actress, singer, songwriter, and many more.
- Her best work are including movies like Beaches, The Rose, and The First Wives Club alongside her Grammy Awards Winning for the songs Wind Beneath My Wings and The Rose.
Life Detail of Bette Midler
The early life of Bette Midler is growing up in a Jewish family in Hawaii and has two siblings named Judy and Susan. Her parents were inspired to name her like Bette Davis, another legendary actress. Bette Midler lives in Hawaii until her college days, in which she left Hawaii to move into the charming New York City.
These are the schools that Bette Midler attended:
- Radford High School (She was popular for being voted as the most talkative and the most dramatic)
- University of Hawaii (She studied drama and left during the second year)
- Personal life
- Having a long-lasting relationship in Hollywood is not an easy job. Nevertheless, she has been married to Martin Von Haselberg for 38 years since 1984.
- Two years after they tied the knot, the couple had a daughter named Sophie Von Haselberg who became an actress likewise Bette Midler.
Bette Midler’s Career
After moving to New York, Bette began to attend theatre lessons at HB Studio which helped her to get her first Broadway role in “Miss Nefertiti Regrets and Cinderella Revisited.” In 1969, she became the cast of a movie titled Salvation. In addition to her acting career, she started singing in 1970 at a gay bathhouse. Following these, her career grow into something greater than she ever thought.
- Bette Midler Acting Career
According to IMDb, Bette Midler’s number one best movie is The Rose which was released in 1979, followed by Hocus Pocus with co-star Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy. Besides those two movies, Bette Midler’s amazing performance is being recognized from Beaches, Ruthless People, The First Wives Club, Big Business, For The Boys, Down And Out In Beverly Hills, and others.
- Bette Midler Music Career
The renowned American singer, Bette Midler, started to create The Divine Miss M in 1972 which became her first studio album when she signed a contract with Atlantic Records. It became a best-selling album with three best songs including Friends, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, and Do You Wanna Dance?. Furthermore, Bette Midler released critically acclaimed studio albums including Some People’s Lives, The Rose, Bette of Roses, Bette Midler Sings The Rosemary Clooney Songbook, and self-titled Bette Midler.
- Bette Midler’s Greatest Hits
In 1993 Bette Midler published a greatest hits album titled Experience the Divine: Greatest Hits, which contains 14 best songs from her discography. Three years later, the greatest hits album was being released again with another 4 songs being added.
Awards & Nominations
- Two time Academy Award nominee
- Two time Tony Award winner
- Seven-time Golden Globe Award nominee (Winning 3 out of 7)
- Nine-time Primetime Emmy Nominee (Winning 3 out of 9)
- BAFTA Awards Nominee
- Seven-time American Comedy Awards winner
- Three-time Grammy Awards Winner (Receiving 14 nominations in total)
Bette Midler Net Worth
As of 2022, the staggering amount of Bette Midler Net Worth is reaching $250 million from her works during her entire career.
- Real estate
Throughout their entire marriage, Bette and her husband live in an exclusive apartment on Fifth Avenue, New York, which they bought in 1996. 23 years later, the couple sold the property which added $50 million to Bette Midler net worth or income. As Bette has been originally coming from Hawaii, she bought a property on a private island for $1.5 million, alongside other properties nearby.
- Income Detail
Bette Midler net worth or salary per year is counted to be roughly $4 million.
As mentioned before, Bette Midler net worth or salary came from her work as an actress, singer, songwriter, author, film producer, and comedian. On top of that, Bette Midler net worth is not only used for the glamorous life and she famously recognized as a philanthropist who donated to Human Rights First, The Mirembe Project, and Doctors Without Border.
Bette Midler Husband Net Worth
Just like her wife, Martin Von Haselberg’s net worth is calculated to be $250 million.
Is Bette Midler Retired Still in Music?
Even though there is a rumor that Bette Midler planning to retire from her music career, it appears that she does not have any intention to retire from her acting career soon. Moreover, she is announcing on her Instagram account that Hocus Pocus 2 will be released soon for Disney+.
- What is Bette Midler doing now?
Bette Midler is enjoying her life with her beloved husband, active in social media accounts alongside actively involved to speak up about political injustice. During the leadership era of former President Donald Trump, Bette Midler is known for putting her voice eloquently against the racist president.