Muggsy Bogues is a former basketball player from the United States who holds the record as the shortest player in NBA history. As a matter of his recent work as a businessman, Muggsy Bogues net worth since his early career until now is reckoned to be substantial.
|Tyrone Curtis “Muggsy” Bogues
|Date of Birth
|January 9, 1965
|5’3″ (1.60 m)
|Between USD 14 and 15 million
|Salary / earning / income per year
|Basketball Player, Basketball Coach, & Businessman
Private Background of Muggsy Bogues
To answer the question of who is Muggsy Bogues, take a quick look at his brief biography before looking deeper into his career journey and Muggsy Bogues net worth or income in total.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Tyrone Curtis “Muggsy” Bogues is known for his popular name as Muggsy Bogues.
- Date of Birth: Bogues was born in 1965 and celebrates his birthday every January 9.
- Gender & Height: The male basketball player is 1.60 m tall.
- Nationality: Bogues’s birth place was in Baltimore and he is an American citizen.
- What is Muggsy Bogues Best Known for? Muggsy Bogues is best known as a former professional basketball player who possesses astonishing abilities, including taking the ball from opponents, passing ability, and incredible speed.
Early Years of Muggsy Bogues
Bogues spent his early life in Baltimore, Maryland, with his family including three siblings. Muggsy Bogues had a difficult childhood with everything he experienced and witnessed as a kid. Everything worsens when he had to see his father go to jail for twenty years and his brother turns into a drug addict.
Thankfully Muggsy Bogues found interest in wrestling and playing basketball as he grew up. Shortly during his early years, Tyrone Curtis got called “Muggsy” by his fellow based on one of the characters in The Bowery Boys.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Wake Forest University
- Family life:
- Muggsy Bogues had been married to Kim Bogues twice. The first marriage ended in 1997 before they reunited again in 2015.
- Bogues’s first child is Tyisha Bogues whom he had with a mysterious woman before Kim.
- The next ones are Brittney Bogues and Tyrone Jr. whom he had during his marriage with Kim.
Muggsy Bogues’s Career
The reason why Muggsy Bogues net worth is considerably great is because of the relation it has with Bogues’s triumphant career in basketball and business. This part explains his career journey from the beginning until retirement.
Muggsy Bogues College Career
During high school, Bogues joined the basketball team and they won fifty-nine games in total. He was known as the most precious player at that time. Many colleges were taking interest to get him before he was finally entranced at Wake Forest University.
Muggsy became such a superb point guard during his four years of a college career and was honored with Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award and admitted into the Wake Forest Sports Hall of Fame.
Muggsy Bogues Pro Career
His professional career began with Rhode Island Gulls in 1987 before he acquired to Washington Bullets from 1987 until 1988. His debut with the NBA was fighting Atlanta Hawks and was also a team fellow of Manute Bol during Muggsy’s rookie year. Bogues was also the head of Washington Bullets in terms of assists and steals.
The next year, Muggsy became a part of Charlotte Hornets and led the Hornets to the playoffs three times as he became more famous than he had ever been. It was in 1995 when an unfortunate event occurred and he had to perform knee surgery. 1997 was the year when Muggsy joined the Golden State Warriors and made thirty-six appearances for the games.
Following that, Muggsy Bogues recruited was Toronto Raptors and did eighty games in total. The knee injury he experienced is the reason why he no longer plays as many games as he used to and finally decides to retire as a professional player. Muggsy scored himself as the thirteenth all-time in assists each game in the history of the NBA.
Muggsy Bogues Endorsement
Muggsy Bogues net worth or income comes from endorsement contracts like fitness brands and some TV commercials, including AT&T, First Union, Sprite, National Bank, Hyundai, Bojangles, Reebok Campaign, IBM, Axe, and many more.
Business Career After NBA
Although there are no details about his career after NBA, Bogues is reported to develop business in the real estate sector. He also becomes a coach of basketball for the Charlotte Sting and United Faith Christian Academy.
Muggsy Bogues Net Worth
Following the explanation of Muggsy Bogues bio, NBA career, marital status, and personal life, we are now proceeding to the next topic surrounding his wealth. Muggsy Bogues net worth is between USD 14 and 15 million.
- Muggsy Bogues has been reported to work in the real estate sector for many years and he is presently doing promotional advertising and collaborating with Underwood Specialty Advertising.
- No details regarding the amount of Muggsy Bogues net worth earned specifically from this.
- Real estate:
- Muggsy began to involve in properties investment the moment he ended his time as an NBA player.
- Although there is no exact number of how much Muggsy Bogues net worth gained from it, the only available detail is a Muggsy Bogues’s crib in North Carolina which is worth around USD 737.000.
- Sport cars: No official reports of how many cars contribute to Muggsy Bogues net worth or wealth.
- How much Muggsy Bogues make per year?:
- Muggsy Bogues quit his basketball career as a player in 2001 and started his career as a coach in 2005. Even though he does not involve in basketball for the past several years, Muggsy Bogues net worth earned his salary through investment or endorsement.
- The recent details of Muggsy Bogues net worth per year are unavailable at the moment. Regardless, during the last season of his involvement in the NBA, Bogues garnered an annual salary per year for around USD 600.000 based on the inflation conversion.
- How much did Muggsy Bogues make in the NBA?
- Despite the fact that Muggsy Bogues net worth is somewhere between USD 14 and 15 million, the total salary he earned from fourteen seasons of his NBA career is reaching USD 18 million.
- The former Charlotte Hornets player frequently made more than USD 1 million per year.
- How does Muggsy Bogues make money?
- The sources of Muggsy Bogues net worth are his work as a professional basketball player and coach, endorsement contract, plus any investment he has done.
What is Muggsy Bogues Focus On?
Toronto Raptors was the last team Bogues joined in before deciding to fully quit in 2001 and became a coach for several years until 2014.
Muggsy Bogues is now more focused on his personal life and involved with Always Believe Inc., which is a non-profit program with a major focus on leadership development, character building, student athletics, mentoring, and team building. If you want to look into the details of what he is doing at the moment, kindly check this website.