Naruto is one of the most famous Japanese manga series in the world. Alas, not everyone recognizes the creator behind it. Henceforth, this article will discuss Masashi Kishimoto Net Worth and his journey in creating Naruto.
|Stage Name||Masashi Kishimoto|
|Legal Name||Masashi Kishimoto|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1974|
|Height||5’6” (1.68 m)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Salary/earning/income per year||–|
|Profession||Manga Artist, Screenwriter, Television Producer, and Film Producer|
Table of Contents
Masashi Kishimoto Individual Information
To underline, Masashi Kishimoto is one of the wealthiest manga artists from Japan who create Naruto since the series began in 1999.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Both his legal name and stage name are Masashi Kishimoto.
- Date of Birth: Born in a town called Nagi, Japan, on November 8, 1974.
- Gender & Height: Masashi is a male manga artist with a height of 1.68 m.
- Nationality: Masashi Kishimoto’s nationality is Japanese.
- What is Masashi Kishimoto Best Known for?
- He is remarkably known as the artist who write and illustrate the famous manga series Naruto.
- Additionally, the genius manga creator is also a screenwriter, television producer, and film Producer.
Tender Age of Masashi Kishimoto
The early life of Naruto’s creator is one of the main causes for his career decision. Born and raised in a country that’s famous for anime, Masashi Kismoto was obsessed with Dragon Ball, basketball, and baseball. Masashi grew up close to his twin brother named Seishi Kishimoto where they both would spend most of their time watching TV, especially Dragon Ball, Doraemon’s titular protagonist, and Dr.Slump‘s Arale.
Later on, he start to be interested in manga during elementary school and began to draw his favorite characters from anime and manga. In his teenage days, he develops admiration towards Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball. Whilst in high school, he was more focused on basketball and baseball, before he was dazzled by the poster of an animation film, Akira, which he felt amazed at and wanted to be a manga creator.
- Masashi Kishimoto attended Kyushu Sangyo University for his higher education.
- Regardless, there is no official information about his record for previous education.
- Personal life:
- There is not much to discuss Masashi Kismoto’s personal life besides his twin brother who is also a prominent manga artist who creates Sukedachi 09 and O-Parts Hunter.
- In addition, regarding his private marriage, he is known to be married and has a son with his wife.
Masashi Kishimoto’s Career
Masashi Kishimoto’s success began with Karakuri, where he received recognition and shoutout at Shueisha, a publishing company in Japan. Then in 1997, it was the very first time Naruto was published in public by Akamaru Jump Summer. Afterward, his career is not as slick as was expected, because Karakuri had poor performance and was canceled subsequently.
Long story short, in the middle of another project, Masashi started to develop Naruto again. In late 1999, Naruto was published as a serial and turned into a hit. It is a story about a young orphan guy who aspired to be a village leader. The manga became a huge success, sold more than 250 million volumes in 46 countries, and was adapted into TV series. Because of this success, it is no surprise Masashi Kishimoto net worth or income is considerably high.
Naruto’s astounding success was noticed by the richest manga writer in Japan, Eiichiro Oda, who happens to be the creator of One Piece. He read Naruto and decided to make Masashi Kishimoto his competitor. After that, Masashi’s journey with Naruto ended in November 2014, when he also deliberately started new manga.
- Masashi Kishimoto drawing style: It was mentioned that Masashi’s drawing style is rather similar to Shōnen manga.
- Why did Kishimoto change his art style? Masashi Kishimoto alters his art style because he intends to make designs more familiar and noteworthy with clearness and simplicity.
Masashi Kishimoto anime other than naruto
Aside from the popular Naruto, these are several anime created by Masashi Kishimoto:
- Boruto: Boruto Uzumaki is the first child of Naruto and Hinata that inherit perseverance character from his father and grandfather. After appearing in the last chapter of Naruto, Masashi creates a one-shot focusing on Boruto’s and his team’s story.
- Karakuri: As previously mentioned, this is the first creation of the great Masashi Kishimoto in the 90s. The story began when there is an epidemic of disease that attack cities in Japan. Thereafter, they conduct a research to manage it. Sadly, the mistakes done by the irresponsible culprit cause bigger problems, which create a horrible Android creature.
- Mario: This is the well-known manga that was released on May 2, 2013. Based on Masashi’s personal opinion, this is his best creation to date. The story is entirely different from Naruto. It is a tale about the mafia with a modern background set and weapons.
- Bench: This manga is about the distribution of football teams in a school. Team D is known as the weak team that is often underestimated by others. Because of it, they were trying to prove that they can defeat teams A, B, and C.
Masashi Kishimoto Net Worth
Masashi Kishimoto’s net worth is reckoned to be around $25 million. The increase of his net worth or income is because of his various work from films, novels, and other publications. Based on the report, Masashi is considered to be the 6th richest manga creator in Japan. The first one is the legendary Eiichiro Oda with $230 million, followed by Akira Toriyama with his Dragon Ball and Gosho Aoyama with the acclaimed mystery manga series, Detective Conan.
The next order is Hajime Isayama with $45 million of wealth, accompanied by Yoshihiro Togashi and Masashi himself. After that, there are Hiroki Araki, Yoichi Takahashi with his Captain Tsubasa, Keisuke Itagaki, and George Morikawa in number 10 who is famously written Hajime no Ippo.
- Income Per year
Based on his various work and publications in Japan and all around the world, Masashi Kishimoto net worth or salary is being counted with a total of around $25 million.
- How much did Masashi Kishimoto make from Naruto?
Although there is no exact number about Masashi Kishimoto net worth from Naruto, the $25 million he received during his career mostly came from his work for Naruto.
- How does Masashi Kishimoto make money?
It was stated previously that Masashi Kishimoto net worth or wealth came from the publishing of his manga and the TV or film adaptation, as well as his other work in novels and films.
Is Masashi Kishimoto Still Working?
Despite the fact that he is finished with the Naruto series and was hiatus for a moment, Masashi Kishimoto is currently not retired and still create manga.
- What is Masashi Kishimoto doing now?
The man is presently enjoying his life in Tokyo, Japan and just released the 26th chapter of Boruto officially in September 2021.
Masashi Kishimoto interesting facts
- Naturally, artists’ personal life or other significant experience in life can influence the art they create. In this case, Masashi Kishimoto has a story with ramen noodles and naruto. The central character, Naruto Uzumaki, seems to be very obsessed with ramen. Masashi creates this to reflect his love for ramen. The ramen shop in Naruto has a higher resemblance with a ramen shop in Kyushu Sankyo University, where Masashi happens to study there.
- Growing up in Okayama, Nagi, the place is Masashi’s inspiration when he created Konoha, a fiction place in Naruto.
- Masashi does not only enjoy drawing his creation because apparently in 2019 he drew Giorno Giovanna for fun in one of the pictures. The character is created by Hirohiko Araki.