Kathleen Turner net worth is as sensational as her acting performances in the late 1980s. Having been appeared in numerous films and tv shows since 1977, Kathleen Turner has accumulated quite a lot of wealth up until now.
Do you know how much Kathleen Turner net worth is from more than four decades working in the entertainment industry? Let’s read on to learn the details.
|Stage Name||Kathleen Turner|
|Legal Name||Mary Kathleen Turner|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1954|
|Height||5′ 8″ (173 cm)|
|Net worth||$20 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$3.23 million|
Kathleen Turner’s Personal Identity
Before we jump on a further discussion about Kathleen Turner net worth, let’s first get to know her background profile.
- Legal Name & stage name: Born Mary Kathleen Turner, the American beauty is known more by her middle and last name, Kathleen Turner.
- Date of Birth: She was born in Springfield, Missouri, on June 19, 1954.
- Gender & Height: Kathleen Turner is a 5′ 8″ (173 cm) female.
- Nationality: Although Kathleen Turner spent a lot of time in her childhood abroad, she is a U.S. citizen.
- What is Kathleen Turner Best Known for? The source of Kathleen Turner net worth and popularity is her acting works both in movies and tv shows. Most people probably associate Kathleen Turner’s name with her portrayal as Peggy Sue in the 1986 film, Peggy Sue Got Married. Lately, people might be more familiar with her voice acting works in a few television series, such as The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Rick and Morty.
Kathleen Turner’s Formative Years
Despite her successful career in the show business, Kathleen Turner came from a very conservative Christian family. Due to her father’s job as a U.S. Foreign Service officer, she and her little sister and two little brothers grew up in several countries and continents, which are Canada, Cuba, Venezuela, and even London.
- Kathleen Turner was enrolled at The American School in London. During her high school years, she kick-started her acting endeavor by joining the school’s theater group. She graduated in 1972 from the school, just a week shy of his father’s passing due to a heart problem.
- Kathleen Turner is an alumnus of Southwest Missouri State University, but she didn’t graduate from the theatre program. After two years, she transferred to the University of Maryland in Baltimore County and got her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from there in 1977.
- Personal Life
- Kathleen Turner had been married once to Jay Weiss in 1984. Together they had a daughter who was born 3 years into their marriage. After around 23 years of being together, Kathleen Turner and the New York entrepreneur decided to end their relationship and remain best friends.
Kathleen Turner’s Career
The journey to Kathleen Turner net worth and popularity started when she acted in several film and theater productions in university. After she moved to New York City, she made her real theatre debut by playing in Broadway’s production directed by Albert Innaurato.
Kathleen Turner movies
Following the Broadway debut, she then made her film debut in the 1981 thriller Body Heat as the leading lady in the movie. The film shot her into stardom and put her in Empire Magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History list. Since the movie was released, Kathleen Turner net worth began to rise more and more.
Throughout the 1980s, Kathleen Turner keeps appearing in several movies with different genres. One of the movie genres that she often played in is comedy, such as in The Man With Two Brains and The Jewel of The Nile. She also starred in action-adventure movies like Romancing the Stone, which granted her an award for her performance.
Kathleen Turner TV shows
Not long after her Broadway debut, Kathleen Turner started to appear on an NBC soap opera The Doctors in 1978. Her television career didn’t really soar during the 1980s, since she was more focusing on her career in movies. In the 1990s, she lent her voice as Stacy Lovell in the famous cartoon The Simpsons.
Kathleen Turner net worth from TV series was accumulated from the 2000s onward. She guest-starred in several prominent TV series, such as Friends, Law and Order, The Path, and Family Guy. Lately, she starred in The Kominsky Method in 2020 as Roz Volander.
Kathleen Turner awards
Besides Kathleen Turner net worth and popularity which keep increasing over time, she also attained several accolades from her performance in movies since the 1980s. For her role in Peggy Sue Got Married, she was rewarded with Best Actress nomination from the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, New York Film Critics Circle Awards, and even won the award from the National Board of Review.
Why is Kathleen Turners voice so raspy?
As one of the most distinctive features of herself, Kathleen Turners had a secret routine to keep her trademark voice. She stuck the eraser tip of a pencil between the teeth in the back of her mouth. By doing so, she believed it could increase the vocal resonance because the muscle is stimulated.
Kathleen Turner Net worth
Kathleen Turner net worth by now is estimated to reach $20 million. Besides her work in the entertainment industry, there are several other sources of her wealth.
Condominium in Tribeca, New York
As a globetrotter since she was a child, Kathleen Turner also moves a lot during her career. In 2016, she purchased a $2 million condominium in Tribeca, New York, and remains living in the property. There are no further details regarding her real estate investment.
How much Kathleen Turner make per year?
Kathleen Turner net worth is also accumulated from approximately $3.23 million annual income.
To sum up, Kathleen Turner net worth is generated from her contract as an actress.
Is Kathleen Turner Done With the Business?
After the 1990s, her career had been slowed down by her rheumatoid arthritis. But she is still very much active in the show business.
Kathleen Turner still act in movies in 2022. She will star in The Estate (2022) together with Toni Collette and Anna Faris.