Known as the two times secretary of defense of the United States, Donald Rumsfeld’s career as a politician spread throughout 5 decades.
Donald Rumsfeld net worth was generated from his job as a government official, politician, businessman, and other ventures that he jumped in after retirement.
Do you know how much Donald Rumsfeld net worth is? Read on to find the answer.
|Stage Name||Donald Rumsfeld|
|Legal Name||Donald Henry Rumsfeld|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1932|
|Height||5′ 7 1/2″ (1.71 m)|
|Net worth||$200 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$200,000-$1 million|
|Profession||American politician, government official, and businessman|
Personal Information of Donald Rumsfeld
Before we disclose further details about Donald Rumsfeld net worth, let’s take a quick look at his personal information.
- Legal Name & Stage name: Donald Rumsfeld was born Donald Henry Rumsfeld.
- Date of Birth: His birthday was on January 20, 2001.
- Gender & Height: Donald Rumsfeld was 5′ 7 1/2″ (1.71 m) male.
- Nationality: Donald Rumsfeld was a U.S. citizen.
- What is Donald Rumsfeld Best Known for?
- Donald Rumsfeld net worth was accumulated from his life-long career as a politician and government official.
- He acted as secretary of defense two times. The first time was under President Gerald Ford from 1975 to 1975 where he became the youngest man in that position.
- The second time was under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2006, during which he became the most senior person who ever became the oldest secretary of defense.
- Donald Rumsfeld also best known for his remark that was dubbed as Donald Rumsfeld’s theory of knowledge.
Previous Days of Donald Rumsfeld
Born in Chicaho in 1932, Illinois, he was a son of German immigrant descent, George Donald Rumsfeld and Jeannette Kearsley. He and his family attended a Congregational church in Winnetka. Between 1943 and 1945, due to his father’s job as an aircraft carrier in the Pacific in World War II, Donald Rumsfeld moved to Coronado, California.
Before Donald Rumsfeld net worth and his popularity were at their peak, he grew up as a goody-two-shoes. He became an Eagle Scout in 1949 and received prestigious awards for his achievement as a boy scout. Two of the awards that he got were the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award and Boy Scouts of America, and later after he retired he became the recipient of the Silver Buffalo Award in 2006.
- Donald Rumsfeld went to Baker Demonstration School and New Trier High School. He later got into Princeton University with a partial scholarship from NROTC. In 1954, Donald Rumsfeld earned his bachelor’s degree in politics with a thesis about the 1952 Steel Seizure Case.
- He was an active sports player during his time at the university. As a skilled amateur wrestler, he served as the captain of the University’s wrestling team. Donal Rumsfeld also attended Case Western Reserve University School of Law and also the Georgetown University Law Center for non-degree programs.
- Personal life:
- Donald Rumsfeld had three children from his marriage with Joyce P.Pierson since late 1954.
- Later he got six grandchildren and one great-grandchild by the time of his passing.
Donald Rumsfeld’s Career
Donald Rumsfeld first began his career in the military. He joined the United States Navy as an aviator and flight instructor, from 1954 for around three years. After he dived deeper in his career in the government, he retired from the military in 1989 with the rank of captain.
Donald Rumsfeld then was selected for the first time to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1962, and later selected for the second, third, and fourth times. From there, he was then worked for President Nixon in several positions until 1974, where he served under President Ford as White House chief of staff and then secretary of defense until 1977.
Donald Rumsfeld entered the private sector from 1977 to 1993 in several companies. He then became the chairman of the Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States, where he led the investigation that later was released in a document called “Rumsfeld Report” that was published in 1998.
Then for the second time, he became the secretary of defense under President Bush in 2001. During his tenure this time, some controversies and criticism hit him, regarding the attack on Afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq. Donald Rumsfeld then resigned from the position in 2006 and was replaced by Robert Gates by the end of that year.
His extensive career in both the public and private sectors successfully earned him an astounding amount of Donald Rumsfeld net worth.
- Donald Rumsfeld awards
Donald Rumsfeld net worth is also as abundant as the awards that he received. He earned 11 honorary degrees and other prestigious awards for both his work in the public and private sectors.
Donald Rumsfeld Net worth
Compared to any other politician, Donald Rumsfeld net worth is among the upper ones. It is estimated that he accumulated around $200 million during his career.
Besides his career as a politician and government official, he also had other sources of income that contribute to the totality of Donald Rumsfeld net worth.
Donald Rumsfeld was the CEO, president, and the chairman of a pharmaceutical firm G.D. Searle & Co,. in 1977 to 1985. Then during 1990 to 1993 he became the chairman and CEO of General Instrument Corp. Before he chaired the Commission for Ballistic Missile Threat, he first served as chairman of Gilead Science, Inc.
- Real estate
Donald Rumsfeld net worth also came from his property investment. One of them that he sold back in 2019, is his home in St. Michaels, MD that he often used for vacation. The house was on the market for $2.45 million.
- Income Per Year
With the total of Donald Rumsfeld net worth, it is estimated that he received around $200,000-$1 million per year.
- How does Donald Rumsfeld make money?
To sum up, Donald Rumsfeld net worth is generated mostly from his work as a politician, government official, and businessman.
Donald Rumsfeld famous quotes
One of Donald Rumsfeld’s phrases that became iconic was his 2002 remark during a news briefing in the Pentagon, regarding weapon supply to Iraq’s terrorist group.
Is Donald Rumsfeld Done With Career?
Donald Rumsfeld retired in 2006 and passed away in the middle of 2021.