Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /srv/users/nuordertech/apps/nuordertech/public/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-thumbnails/related-posts-thumbnails.php on line 846
Also known as H Thugz, Chingy’s career in the music and entertainment industry gave him good fortune. In 2022, Chingy net worth is estimated at $12 million. His income is not only coming from his successful career as a rapper but also from other businesses.
How was his career in music? What are his relations with Ludacris? Let’s take a look at these highlights about Chingy net worth, career, and personal life.
|Stage Name||Chingy / H Thugz|
|Legal Name||Howard Earl Bailey Jr.|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1980|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (182 cm)|
|Chingy Net Worth||$10-12 million|
|Salary / earning / income per year||$400,000 per year|
|Profession||Rapper, Musician, Actor|
Background Information of Chingy
Chingy is an American rapper and actor who has actively come to the music industry since 1997.
Before we get to know about Chingy, let’s get through basic information about him.
- Legal Name & Stage Name: Chingy or H Thugz real name is Howard Earl Bailey Jr.
- Date of Birth: He was born on March 9, 1980.
- Gender & Height: Chingy is a male with a height of 182 cm tall.
- Nationality: He was born in Missouri, United States, and he is an American citizen.
- Best Known for? Chingy is best known as a rapper and a former protege of Ludacris with a successful debut album ‘Jackpot’ in 2003.
Chingy’s Earliest Days
Chingy is the son of Vernita Crawford. He lived with his struggling parents in a very street-tough neighborhood. There is no detailed information about his father, but Chingy always openly shows that his mother is his hero. Chingy said that his mother was an inspiration to him that changed his life.
Chingy started to be interested in music from an early age and even began to write his own songs at age nine. He also started to record his rap at age ten.
Chingy then joined a group called Without Warning with his original stage name as H Thugz. The group had some productions with its hit song ‘What’s Popppin Off’. The song brought the group more recognition which brought him to change his stage name to be Chingy, as a slang phrase for money.
- Chingy went to McCluer North High School in Missouri.
- There is no exact information about when he was graduated from school.
- Personal Life:
- Chingy is currently married to Adrienne Anderson-Bailey in 2005.
- He and his wife are blessed with two children named Mykael Bailey and Alzea Bailey.
Chingy started his music career in 1997. After many appearances, he caught the rapper Ludracis’s eye and the manager, Chuka Zulu, to make a contract and join the label Disturbing Tha Peace in 2002. Here are some career highlights of Chingy you need to know.
- Chingy Music Career
Chingy released his first debut track ‘Right Thurr’, and successfully hit the Billboard Hot 100 chart at no. 2 in 2003. Later, he released his debut album in the same year titled ‘Jackpot’ featuring some big stars like Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, and Murphy Lee. The album was certified by the RIAA within a year.
In 2004, he successfully released his second album titled ‘Powerballin”, and was peaked at no 10 on the chart with its single ‘Balla Baby’.
During his career, Chingy already released six studio albums with 15 singles and 13 music videos. Here is the list of his album:
- Jackpot in 2003
- Powerballin’ in 2004
- Hoodstar in 2006
- Hate It or Love It in 2007
- Success & Failure in 2010
- Hate It or Leave It 2 in 2022
- Chingy Acting Career
Besides his career as a rapper, Chingy is also known to appear in some TV shows and movies. Starting in 2005, he appeared in some TV series like ‘My Wife and Kids’, ‘One on One’, and ‘George Lopez’.
He also joined casting in some movies like ‘The System Within’ in 2006 and ‘Polish Bear’ in 2010. In total, he already appeared in five movies and seven TV series so far.
Chingy Net Worth
Chingy net worth has been reported differently in many sources. But approximately, Chingy net worth is between $10 – 12 million in 2022.
Let’s take a look at some information regarding Chingy net worth and wealth.
- Other than his career as a rapper and musician, Chingy net worth also comes from his business. Chingy has been reported to have his own record label, FullDekk in 2004.
- He also collaborated in the tech business by joining a partnership with Alexa ‘skill’ and Voice XP, a music distribution platform on Alexa.
- Real Estate:
- Chingy has a house with a size of 3,300 sq ft in Missouri.
- He bought the house in 2003 and is currently worth about $500,000.
- Vehicles: There is no information regarding cars or luxury vehicles related to Chingy net worth.
- Income Detail: Considering his active work in music and acting, Chingy net worth is sum up from his annual earnings of about $400,000 in 2021-2022.
- How does Chingy make money? Chingy net worth is primarily coming from his profession as a rapper and actor, but other than that, he also has his own record label and future potential business in music distribution platform with Alexa.
What happened between Chingy and Ludacris?
Ludacris is the most important person for Chingy’s bright career in music. After Ludacris was interested in Chingy’s potential and asked him to join the label, Ludacris had negotiated a deal with Capitol Records to distribute Chingy’s first album.
He is also the person who brought Chingy to have some stars to be his guest appearances in the album such as Snoop Dogg, Murphy Lee, Trina, and some more.
What is Chingy Activity now?
Chingy is still active in his music career. He is currently signed to Universal Music Group for distribution label, Bungalo Records. He also had joined the Millenium Tour with B2K in 2019.
In 2021, Chingy led a U. S. tour with R&B artists Mya and Ginuwine.
As mentioned before, Chingy is still active in his career, especially in music.
He currently will conduct a U.S tour from 17-23 February 2022 in Alaska and Hawaii. Interested to watch his concert? You can check his tour schedule on the Armed Forces Entertainment website.