Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /srv/users/nuordertech/apps/nuordertech/public/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-thumbnails/related-posts-thumbnails.php on line 831
Cheech Marin net worth is still quite impressive even though he is no longer young. Mostly, it comes from the entertainment industry.
This man has been in the comedy world since 1971 until now. Many of his works have become legends and have contributed to the current Cheech Marin net worth.
But apart from talking about the Cheech Marin net worth, there is a lot of other information about this Cheech & Chong star.
So, here is the review.
|1||Stage Name:||Cheech Marin|
|2||Legal Name:||Richard Anthony Marín|
|3||Date of Birth:||July 13th, 1946|
|5||Height:||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
|6||Cheech Marin Net Worth:||$35 million|
|7||Salary/earning/income per year:||Approximately $12 million|
|8||Profession:||American actor, voice actor, screenwriter, producer, film director, musician, comedian, and activist|
|9||Nationality:||United State of America|
Become Familiar with Cheech Marin
The public knows Cheech Marin as a comedian. Besides, he is pursuing the acting and music industry.
Also, the Los Angeles-born is active as a voice actor in various well-known films. For example, The Cars, The Lion King, and many more.
Furthermore, Richard Anthony Marin has a characteristic, namely a strongly Chicano accent in carrying out his role.
Then, he speaks Spanish well.
Apart from having an outstanding career, he has hobbies collecting Chicano art and playing golf (CSE: CANN).
In 2018, he signed a two-year contract agreement with Heritage Cannabis Holdings Corporation, with automatic renewing.
- Legal Name & Stage Name:
- Richard Anthony Marin is then familiar with the stage name Cheech Marin. Then, the nickname appeared when he came home from the hospital a long time ago.
- At that time, his uncle saw him with a crib and said that Marin looked like a chicharron (with a Spanish accent).
- Chicharron is a typical Latin American food, a fried pork rind. Richard then slipped it into “Cheech” and used it as a stage name.
- Date of Birth: July 13th, 1946
- Gender & Height: A male about 5 feet 6 in (168 cm)
- Nationality: United States of America
- What is Cheech Marin Best Known for?
- Cheech Marin’s name began notably in the entertainment industry since he joined the due Cheech & Chong in the 1970s.
- However, after the duo disbanded in 1985, Marin pursued a solo career and pursued acting. In addition to acting, he also voices various Disney movie characters.
Early Stages of Cheech Marin
Cheech Marin was born in South Los Angeles, California, on July 13, 1946. His parents were Elsa (née Meza) and Oscar Marin.
Unfortunately, he was born with a cleft lip that sets him apart from other children. Luckily he got the chance to undergo surgery, and it worked out well.
Education and Family
- Bishop Alemany High School
- English Department of California State University
- San Fernando Valley State College, Northridge
- Member of the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity
Cheech Marin married Darlene Morley for the first time in 1975 after the two met in the producers of Cheech & Chong’s The Corsican Brothers.
After having a child, their marriage ended in 1984. Cheech later married Patti Heid in 1986 and has two children. But again, the marriage ended in divorce.
Moreover, on August 8, 2009, the comedian married Russian pianist Natasha Rubin. The two were married in a home located in Malibu, California.
Cheech Marin’s Career
Over time, he seemed to refuse to stop working. Meanwhile, all his work constantly contributes to the Cheech Marin net worth.
Further, here is the list of his career.
- Cheech Marin Comedy Works:
- Initially, his figure became known when he took part in the remarkable comedy duo Cheech & Chong in the 1970s.
- At that time, he collaborated with Tommy Chong.
- Cheech Marin Acting Career:
- In the 1980s, when he was no longer with Chong, he began to pursue acting.
- Likewise, this comedian appeared in various films and television shows.
- Music Career:
- Cheech Marin bio is quite a long of success. After comedy and acting, he also entered the music industry.
- Furthermore, he had released two best-selling albums with the genre of children’s melody.
- Awards & Nominations:
- Cheech Marin’s works are always of high quality and get a positive response.
- One of the albums entitled Los Cochinos won Best Comedy Recording at the 16th Grammy Awards.
Cheech Marin Net worth
Cheech Marin net worth in 2022 is $35 million in the estimation
Businesses, Properties and Cars
Instead of being a comedian and actor, Cheech Marin is remarkable with the cannabis image. He owns mezcal and marijuana brands with the tagline “It will always be good”.
In 2018, take an agreement with Heritage Cannabis Holdings Corporation. Thus, he has the right to use marijuana and its derivative products from the Private Stash brand.
Moreover, the agreement lasts for two years but automatically renews as long as the conditions are met.
- Real Estate
Throughout his career, Cheech Marin had bought several luxury homes as an investment, especially when he was still the husband of Patti Heid.
There are four houses that they have bought since 1996. However, after their divorce in 2009, at least two of them fell into the property of Patti Heid.
After that, Cheech decided to sell a few houses. Reportedly, he no longer owns the building he bought when he was with his ex-wife.
Currently, he lives in his house in Malibu. In addition to the property as part of the Cheech Marin net worth, he also has several high-value works of art.
There is no clear information about his car collection. However, the public still associates it with the iconic 1964 Impala Super Sport, which appeared in Cheech & Chong’s film “Up in Smoke”.
Otherwise, compared to cars, Cheech Marin prefers works of art by famous artists at fantastic prices.
Income Detail Per Year
Approximately $12 million per year.
Cheech Marin net worth in 2022 is $35 million in estimation. The fantastic wealth comes from his hard work as an actor, comedian, voice actor, and appearances in various television shows.
Until now, he is still actively doing various jobs that make Cheech Marin net worth continues to grow.
He also owns several assets of great value.
Is Cheech Marin Still Around?
Even though he is 75 years old, Cheech Marin is still working. Therefore, he appears in films and television shows almost every year.
As of 2022, he is still working on the film Shotgun Wedding. Years ago, he had spoken that he might never retire, because laughter was what made him live long.
Marin also threw other jokes that he would not retire because he was a Chicano. He always had at least one job at a time.
- What is Cheech Marin Doing Now?
Currently, Cheech Marin is still active in filming. In 2022, he is still participating in the film Shotgun Wedding.
Indeed, he is very dedicated as a comedian. This profession is more than adding to Cheech Marin net worth but also leading him to keep alive in a great life.